ARC Output Not Working

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Anybody had this problem? I have surround sound stereo (Denon tuner + Klipsch speakers) and a Samsung TV. Everything is just a year old and was working fine until yesterday. Audio from my TV does not play thru the surround sound. It just plays thru my TV. If the picture/audio comes from the tuner to the TV, everything works fine.

I did a hard reset of the tuner. I've unplugged everything and plugged it back in, still nothing.

Tried a different hdmi cable?

I hadn't, but that didn't work either

Edit: it did start working after i shut everything down and started again.

The bad news is it's going to be a giant pain in the ass to hide the new hdmi cable when i get one long enough.

Thanks!

Anybody had this problem? I have surround sound stereo (Denon tuner + Klipsch speakers) and a Samsung TV. Everything is just a year old and was working fine until yesterday. Audio from my TV does not play thru the surround sound. It just plays thru my TV. If the picture/audio comes from the tuner to the TV, everything works fine.

I did a hard reset of the tuner. I've unplugged everything and plugged it back in, still nothing.
My Samsung has a sound menu setting for speakers where you select either external or tv speakers. In other words it’s binary, either the sound comes from the receiver speakers or not at all. Does yours have that?

My Samsung has a sound menu setting for speakers where you select either external or tv speakers. In other words it’s binary, either the sound comes from the receiver speakers or not at all. Does yours have that?

No. I did look into that, as i found something on the web discussing that. It's working now tho

Hit it with a stick. You’re welcome.

Is there an advantage to using the ARC output vs running your sources into the receiver and having it send the picture to the TV?

I was running an HDMI cable from my TV to my soundbar. I use an Amazon Fire Stick and stream Directv Now. I switched back to an audio cable and can't tell a diffference. Should I be able to?

I was running an HDMI cable from my TV to my soundbar. I use an Amazon Fire Stick and stream Directv Now. I switched back to an audio cable and can't tell a diffference. Should I be able to?
I would not think that using analog cables vs HDMI would result in any noticable difference for streaming audio through a soundbar. While popular, convenient, and affordable, those slim speakers don't have the frequency response range nor the "width" and separation of your front signals (L, R, C) that you get with a more traditional home theater setup. From a physics standpoint, they also can't push lower mids and bass, either.

Reactions: Boca Vol
I would not think that using analog cables vs HDMI would result in any noticable difference for streaming audio through a soundbar. While popular, convenient, and affordable, those slim speakers don't have the frequency response range nor the "width" and separation of your front signals (L, R, C) that you get with a more traditional home theater setup. From a physics standpoint, they also can't push lower mids and bass, either.

Makes sense. Thanks.

I was never able to get ARC to work between my Samsung TV and my Sony home theater system. I quit trying and just use an optical cable.

I found this comparison, showing the advantage of the new Enhanced ARC
(eARC). I'm not sure how many new TV's are using it, though.aHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmJlc3RvZm1pY3JvLmNvbS9FL0svNzM2NjUyL29yaWdpbmFsL2VBUkNfSERNSS5qcGc=.jpg

VN Store

Back