'22 AR WR Charles Nimrod (Tennessee signee)

I think it's genius and can be a windfall for the NIL. He just needs to steal the term and own it. Imagine if he comes in and balls out.

At home,
There will be a blue-collar "Nimrod" section at Neyland, ala Cleveland's Dawg Pound. They wear his jersey and go crazy every big play.
No duplicate jerseys made - each jersey will be sequential (Nimrod #1, Nimrod #2, etc...), and fans will vie for being the highest current Nimrod. Sales will be viral. There will be contests to fill entire sections with "Nimrods."
"Nimrod 1" fetches $1,000,000 at Christies after Chas scores in the Citrus bowl.
Chancellor Plowman is interviewed on ESPN, and says "Ich bin ein Nimrod!" Billboards go up all over Knoxville.

Away,
Jersey sales are even higher away as opposing fans embrace it to throw shade, inadvertently filling UT coffers. Trojan Horse.
Opposing stadiums ban the jerseys because there's too much orange.
Steve Spurrier shows up on Finebaum wearing a big grin and "Nimrod 45,595."
Jeremy Pruitt gets several of these in the mail, and isn't exactly sure how to interpret it.

Edited: And he commits just hours after I mapped this all out. Vol Nation, you're welcome. Chas, I'm available if you need a PR guy!

What'd I tell ya? And his jersey already lures a two-year lurker into making his first post:

Like a lot I'm sure, imma need that Jersey stat!! Will be the first jersey purchase since Deions Cowboys jersey for me.

I like his highlight film better than Horton’s. Horton is a possession receiver but this guy is same size basically but a lot faster. I think he fits this offense a lot better. Looks like a good pick up. Also, JMO, although Pope looks like a good player, he isn’t an all world talent and I don’t think we would reserve his spot for last receiver. I like Elic a little better because we don’t have many big body receivers on the team. I think Pope would get lost in the shuffle a little bit until he is an upperclassman and by that time we’ll probably be recruiting higher level players and he might get passed up. Again, JMO.

Who is Pope going to bring with him that he is so important that he can't be replaced by a WR ranked ahead of him.
No one but I’m pretty sure AP said on a podcast a while back they would have a hard time seeing them turn him down due the emphasis they’ve put on instate recruiting. Things very well could have changed since then.

No one but I’m pretty sure AP said on a podcast a while back they would have a hard time seeing them turn him down due the emphasis they’ve put on instate recruiting. Things very well could have changed since then.
Maybe the message to in-state kids is yes we want you, but you need to jump in the boat? Pope may be good, but he doesn't seem like an all world talent. Get on board or get left behind.

VN Store

Back