'22 AR WR Charles Nimrod (Tennessee signee)

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

If we can handle Cooters, a Nimrod should be no problem.

Welcome aboard The Big Orange Train is leaving the station.

SCOUTING REPORT
“He’s a great player. He has the frame and work-ethic. He has top-level speed. He catches the ball really well. In the state of Arkansas, I think he is as elite as they come. I think he will be a great fit. He’s just a good kid with a good spirit. He checks all the boxes in what you’re looking for in a high-level receiver. He’s going to go and get the football. He can go up and get a post-ball, he’s going to get open in the interior routes. He’s good in the screen game. He’s just a good player.
“He’s a very selfless individual who will mold well with the culture that’s already being created. His work ethic is good. He is a likeable kid and is easy to have a conversation with. People love being around the young man.”
-- Jody Grant, Bentonville High School HC

HOW NIMROD FITS IN WITH THE VOLS?
Like most athletes who sign on to SEC programs, Nimrod is usually the best athlete on the field every game. The wideout lines up everywhere – outside, slot, skinny slot, tandems, etc. – and is dangerous in the down-the-field passing game. The new Tennessee commit has long strides, shows good speed and does a nice job adjusting to the ball.
The 2022 prospect may be equally as impressive when the ball is not in his hands. Nimrod does a great job of blocking down the field and on the edge for his fellow teammates and continues his route – climbing and creating depth – when he’s not the primary target across the field. From there, he’s always an option when the play breaks down or when the quarterback evades the pocket.
Nimrod is also a threat on special teams as film shows him taking several kickoffs back for six. He displays great vision in finding a run-lane and accelerates though in a hurry. When teams try and squib the kickoff, he does a nice job fielding the ball and getting what he can. Sometimes, he finds an opening there too. The new Tennessee commit is also a great blocker in the return game, pancaking a few screamers on occasion.
During the private workout with Kodi Burns last weekend, the position coach describedNimrod as ‘twitchy’ and ‘coachable’ and a wideout who can ‘stretch the field vertically.’

WHAT DOES A CHARLES NIMROD COMMITMENT MEAN FOR TENNESSEE?
Tennessee now has three wide receiver commits in the class as Nimrod joins
Marquarius White and
Cameron Miller. We believe Tennessee could take as many as four wideouts in the class – but it has to make sense. The class’s quarterback,
Tayven Jackson, now has five skilled-position players with him in the class to go along with four offensive linemen who are Knoxville bound.

Burns, who is also a native of the Neutral State, was instrumental in bringing on Nimrod as he’s been in contact with the prospect for the past few weeks. Finally seeing him in person go through drills, it didn’t take long for the offer to roll in.
“Coach Burns is form Arkansas and has come through the same thing I have and has been successful,” Nimrod told Volquest last week. “It [offer] means a lot because I cam here and earned it. It’s Tennessee. It’s a dream come true and they are in the SEC.”
The 2022 talent will have a bevy of returners at the position when he arrives for fall camp a year from now. Depending on how current Vol wideouts utilize the extra [COVID] year, Tennessee may only lose Velus Jones and JaVonta Payton, but there’s always the possibility of more.
Nimrod will have the opportunity to come in and compete for snaps in the wide receiver-friendly offense.

Now that’s something I failed to learn, naturally.

Boom, BTW

Reactions: Brillovol

VN Store

Back