'22 AR WR Charles Nimrod (Tennessee signee)

"It was a super cool visit," Nimrod said. "I went through a workout with coach Burns and just getting to be around the staff and see all the facilities was fun."

The Bentonville native has been talking to Tennessee for the last several weeks, but they had yet to pull the trigger. He took a chance and bet on himself and came out a winner with the offer.

"It was really big because I hadn't gotten an offer," Nimrod said. "Then after they told me they liked what they saw and wanted to offer me. It also gives me a feel for how he coaches and approaches things."

And the chance to get coached by Burns was something that made the decision even sweeter. Burns, also a native of the Natural state showed Nimrod how he likes things and how he will coach him if he chooses Tennessee.

"It means a lot because I came here and earned it," Nimrod said. "it's Tennessee. It's a dream come true and they are in the SEC. Coach Burns is from Arkansas and has came through the same thing I have and has been successful."

So what was the feedback that Nimrod got back from Burns?

"He told me that he likes how I'm twitchy and coachable," Nimrod said. "He told me I can stretch the field vertically."

He spent time with the entire offensive staff and then got to sit down with Josh Heupel. He got an overall feel for the program and the vision for where Heupel and company want to go under the new staff.

"I learned a lot," Nimrod said. "It gave me a feel for what it's like here. I learned a lot about the programs history and how the new coaching staff is moving the needle and sounds fun to be a part of."

So where does his recruitment go from here? It's pretty clear that a decision is expected sooner rather than later.

"Honestly I don't really know, but Id say I'll make a decision before my season starts," Nimrod said.

"From the schools that I have visited, Utah State, Indiana and Kansas State, it's my decision and I could go to any of them and be comfortable."
-VQ

Check out this kids highlights. Has good speed and knows how to find the soft spot in coverage, that makes him a downfield threat. Seems like a smart player. Would probably excel in Heupel's system.

Reactions: bigl3327
Are you kidding? I want this kid just BECAUSE of his name. Gotta own this.

Yep. From Genesis. Not many people will know that.
Even less know that he is celebrated as a hero in Ethiopia, vs Jewish tradition that paints him as a tyrant. And that he was married to the "Queen of Heaven". Fascinating stuff...

Some people believe it was he that conscripted many tribe to build the 1st ziggaraut or Tower of Babel.
But the time references are all over the place.

Nimrod has really blown up over the last month or so. Michigan offered last week as well.

Apparently Arkansas isn't planning on taking any more WRs in this class (we only have one committed) and some of our fans are hoping it doesn't come back to bite us with this kid. Definitely has some speed.

“I went there (Saturday) thinking they might offer because they wanted me to work out and see me in person,” said Nimrod, who has received offers from nearly 20 schools, including Arkansas, Michigan, Kansas State, Illinois, Indiana, Purdue, Washington State, Utah State, Kansas, Memphis, Bowling Green, Hawaii, Marshall and Tulane.

He said he believes he was timed at 4.54 seconds in the 40-yard dash during his workout at Tennessee. He said Vols wide receivers coach Kodi Burns “just told me he likes how I'm twitchy and that I’m coachable, and that I’m able to stretch the field vertically.”

VN Store

Back