Aquaman (December 21, 2018)

Saw it last night. I'll give it an 8/10 on Amber Heard alone.

And it did translate well to viewership audiences. You do realize you guys are the ones in the minority, right?

LOL oh no! My views on Aquaman aren't shared by the majority of comic nerds and horny soccer moms, what do I do???

Brittany Spears and Nickelback once "translated well" to listenership audiences too. Doesn't change the fact that their music is ******. Aquaman is categorically a bad movie. If you liked it, fine. That's your prerogative but it's still not a good movie. And no this isn't some MCU VS DCCU fanboy rant. I have no allegiance. But the fact is the better MCU movies completely outclass Aquaman in every single way and Wonder Woman destroys it.

LOL oh no! My views on Aquaman aren't shared by the majority of comic nerds and horny soccer moms, what do I do???

Brittany Spears and Nickelback once "translated well" to listenership audiences too. Doesn't change the fact that their music is ******. Aquaman is categorically a bad movie. If you liked it, fine. That's your prerogative but it's still not a good movie. And no this isn't some MCU VS DCCU fanboy rant. I have no allegiance. But the fact is the better MCU movies completely outclass Aquaman in every single way and Wonder Woman destroys it.

I mean... he literally ran away from the first fight against Orm, in mid-fight?!? I didn’t realize Momoa’s Aquaman was so in need of saving by his girlfriend in the middle of a fight.

And you would think Orm would have turned to the audience and said “See, I am victorious, he ran like a coward.” Instead he got in his own little ship and engaged in an underwater high speed chase scene.

Stupid scene in a stupid movie.

The rest of the world might as well not waste their time then, Brave Volunteer said it was categorically a bad movie. Nevermind that the audience score on RT is sitting at 80%.

(2018) Aquaman
10/10

A terrific entertaining movie that shows why Arthur lived on land with humans also why he cares for humans, along with Aquaman and Mera having to retrieve the excellent weapon that is Poseidon's Trident so he can defeat his ruthless Brother Ocean Master and the Atlantis army since he is leading Atlantis and has the intent to attack humans for a valid believable reason that gets shown for why he has this motive, also he has a valid motive for why he wants Aquaman dead.

This has a Show Don't tell for why Atlantis in this Universe is highly advanced, why Atlanteans evolved and became advanced along with why Atlantis went underwater.

A Super Hero movie that is 1 of kind, 1 of the best DC Extended Universe movies and really does seem remind me of Black Panther because the whole a Kingdom with advanced technology and advantages along with impressive terrific sets, also a story that involves a Kingdom.

Great references to fiction that involves the ocean, a believable great twist, wonderful looking animals including the Sharks Whales Seahorses, impressive terrific locations including Atlantis and the Atlantis Coliseum, terrific looking monsters, excellent costumes that match the comic book characters including Mera, terrific underwater and out of water action scenes, also other terrific action scenes including Aquaman fighting the 2 Main Super Villains in separate scenes, exciting great chase scenes a high amount action high stakes climax, great music that fits the scenes including for dramatic serious scenes, 3 dimensional characters with believable motives both villains and heroes, a straight forward story, drama, a great ending, character development for multiple characters.

Mera is the love interest of Aquaman, and also gets shown in action scenes including using her impressive powers.
Also David that becomes the other Super Villain Black Manta has a valid motive for why he wants to find and Kill Aquaman.
This does have a great mid credits extra scene that foreshadows the sequel also gives you something you want which I'll talk about in spoilers.
Aquaman and Mera are both likable heroes, Aquaman is done justice for why he is a heavyweight super hero to be taken seriously and has impressive powers that get shown.

Arthur as a kid is shown communicating with a Shark at a Boston Aquarium which starts to hit the glass when a bully starts to taunt and bully Arthur, the other marine animals are all shown united with humans terrified and amazed seeing what is extraordinary involving marine animals.
The references to the ocean are David saying going to need a bigger helmet a obvious reference to going to need a bigger boat line from the great killer great white shark movie Jaws. Aquaman and Mera hide in the mouth of a whale and Aquaman tells her he got this idea from Pinnochio that he finds out was a book before it was made into a movie since he only saw the movie. Also a tv show under the ocean is shown on a tv at the start of the movie inside a Lighthouse.

David does get advanced atlantean armor from Ocean Master so he'll be more likely to kill Aquaman which is what Ocean King Wants. In a great montage scene David is shown modifying the armor including spray painting the armor Black, and creating a Manta Helmet.

The 1st fight Ocean Master vs Aquaman happens in a Atlantis Colosseum and is pretty impressive with Ocean Master winning because he breaks Aquaman's weapon with his Trident.
Ocean Master shows Aquaman why he wants to attack humans since they are guilty of the awful actions of killing whales, and polluting the Oceans so really can't deny he has valid points for flaws with humans.

Poesiden's Trident was used to create a advanced Kingdom that was on land, except it would crumble with Atlantis going underwater so the Atlanteans evolved.

Jesse tells his son about his relative 1 of the Navy's Frog Men and he was so stealthy he was nicknamed Manta showing him a knife with a visible Manta.
Aquaman avoids being shot again by Jess which results in a thing dropping on him, David begs for mercy to help his father except Aquaman responds since he is a Pirate that he doesn't get mercy. Admirable David refuses to leave his dad trying to lift the heavy thing except can't, refuses to leave which is why to avoid having his son remain with him and die because the Submarine is flooded holds a bomb above which is why David leaves.
That is why he wants revenge to kill Aquaman.

That's why David uses the name Manta and decides to name himself Black Manta that he says in the movie.

The 1st fight Aquaman mostly dominates defeating David on a Submarine, David is admirable because he is outgunned and doesn't back down from a foe that is his archenemy since David becoming Black Manta is the archenemy of Aquaman.
In the Rematch on land in Italy David that is now Black Manta mostly dominates the fight including using bladed weapons on a dry Aquaman that has been out of the water for a high amount of time, and using the Plasma Blasts.
Mera is fighting Atlantis Soldiers showing off the fighting skills also manipulates wine from containers and Bottles as projectiles to knock back the Atlantis Soldiers

Aquaman realizes it was up to him to save Jesse also that he should have talking about the regret of his choice to not save him since after the 2nd fight Black Manta vs Aquaman in Italy on land he talks to her about why Black Manta has a motive to kill him.
Mara doesn't accept the Surface world except does change her mind one once she gets to Italy after seeing beauty including a man giving her Flowers and seeing a Water Fountain.
Mera is able to convince her dad Nereus that he'll betray the rules of Atlantis since Aquaman the 1st born is the True King not Ocean Master that benefited because of Aquaman has mostly lived on Land.

In the Main battle above water for the climax Aquaman fights his brother Ocean Master in what is a great fight, Aquaman showing he's mastered the Trident starts spinning the trident with same using what his mentor Nuidis taught him and Ocean Master is knocked back when attempting to attack him, Ocean Master's trident is broken and Aquaman showing he's different doesn't kill him even though it's what Ocean Master wants.
This is Aquaman changing the Culture of Atlantis with mercy and forgiving.

The Great twist is that Atlanna is not dead she saves Mera from being eaten, and has been stranded in area with the Uncharted Sea after removing the armor.
Also Aquaman and Mera while on a Ship during a storm are attacked by the amphibian monsters the trench that have the weakness of light which flares show except more are on the Ship which is why they jump off the ship move fast underwater with the same monsters pursuing them except since they're swimming faster than them the monsters can't catch them and are able to get transported using a wormhole that transports them to a uncharted sea and a zone at the center of the Earth that has dinosaurs so it's like something from The Lost World.

Atlanna returns hugging her other son, and showing him she is not dead which he concluded she was since she was stranded in a area with an uncharted sea. Atlana tells her other son that he was misguided the Ocean and Surface are 1 world not 2 different worlds.

Ocean Master wants Aquaman killed because he knows Aquaman wants to save humans so a threat to his plans of attacking humans, and because he could take over as King and defeat him if he get's Poseidon's trident, also because he concluded that Arthur is to blame for why his mother was killed.
Since she's been stranded in a area with an Uncharted Sea Ocean King doesn't find out until the climax that she isn't dead.

A person can't escape that area without getting Poseidon's Trident which only a True King can remove and has to get past the Leviathan since she is not a True King a logical why she failed along with multiple others.
Aquaman is a true King he is able to communicate with the Leviathan and tells why he needs the trident, she stops trying to prevent him from removing the Trident, and Aquaman a true king is able to remove the Trident and his clothes transformed into the same iconic costume that Aquaman wears in the comic books and shown on the movie Poster.

It's talked about a hero is greater than a King since he fights for all people while a King will only fight for his people. Aquaman is a Hero.

Aquaman with Mera the Leviathan, Sharks, other animals are in the high stakes action climax fighting Ocean Master and his Atlantean Army.

Black Manta in the 2nd fight is unable to successfully fly away because his suit has been damaged which is why he crashes leaving to wonder is he alive.
This does get answered in the Mid Credits Scene he is alive because most Doctor Stephen Shin rescued him that happened off screen, David agrees to Help Stephen find Atlantis in to see other Atlanteans in exchange for giving him help in his revenge to kill Aquaman.

He is a conspiracy theorist and scientist that believes Atlantis is real with evidence Aquaman is living on land with humans to substantiate the claim that Atlantis is real.
When on the Submarine Aquaman does easily defeat the Pirates, and Aquaman does hit a Submarine before entering the submarine.

Finally watched this. 6/10.

Enjoyed the scene with Manta in Sicily. Everything else was ok. Including the trip to Jurassic Park.

Finally watched this. This is a close 2nd to black panther for the worst super hero movie.

Fair. BP wasn’t awful though. Overrated? Oh yeah, possibly the most overrated movie in history, but not the abomination Aquaman was.
We’ll have to disagree then. I couldn’t even watch the entire thing it was so ridiculous. BP was worse in my eyes because of the attempt at identity politics. Aqua man was just bad. The villain character was weak. Pirates in a super sub. Geez.

I still haven't seen this and I had forgotten that I have owned a digital copy of this since last spring.

We’ll have to disagree then. I couldn’t even watch the entire thing it was so ridiculous. BP was worse in my eyes because of the attempt at identity politics. Aqua man was just bad. The villain character was weak. Pirates in a super sub. Geez.

BP triggered you, huh?

If turning off a bad movie is triggered then I guess so. I’m just one of those people who prefers a good plot and story over having social agendas forced down my throat?
You?

Obviously that is what triggered you. What social agenda was being forced on you in BP?

Admittedly the social media hype surrounding the movie may have seemed agenda driven but the movie itself was just a superhero movie.

I liked BP but I will agree the acclaim was overblown.

Obviously that is what triggered you. What social agenda was being forced on you in BP?

Admittedly the social media hype surrounding the movie may have seemed agenda driven but the movie itself was just a superhero movie.

BP is overhyped and overrated; but the backlash is even more ridiculous IMO.

I thought the whole plot line was weak and contrived. It wasn’t that we could just have a superhero who was black. You had to have an entire African Utopia. Basically stolen from Wonder Women where you had a female Utopia.

Except
I thought the whole plot line was weak and contrived. It wasn’t that we could just have a superhero who was black. You had to have an entire African Utopia. Basically stolen from Wonder Women where you had a female Utopia.

The character and the and the Kingdom of Wakanda has been around since the mid 1960s 😂😂😂

I guess Stan and Jack were woke before being woke was a thing.

Reactions: Roustabout
Except

The character and the and the Kingdom of Wakanda has been around since the mid 1960s 😂😂😂

I guess Stan and Jack were woke before being woke was a thing.

My favorite story about BP is that the higher ups complained I think to Jack that BP "didn't have enough white people in it"; so the next issue they had BP beat the crap out of the KKK.

VN Store

Back