Apparently Others Think Pruitt won't get it done

Good grief! No wonder it is hard to find a coach that wants to come here when we need one.

Uh why? Fans have high expectations?

Who wants a coach that doesn’t have high expectations for themselves?

This is an excerpt from Rivals Sports regarding coaches that won't succeed:

Jeremy Pruitt, Tennessee – Does anyone really think this is going to get better? In a world where buyouts didn't matter, would this even be a question? It could be time for the Vols to move on and find their next head coach.

I'm on the 4-5 year train... We need to let him stabilize the program. Looking at the recruits he is bringing in I am willing to give him time. I'm not talking about stars during recruiting, but play on the field. We have some freshman studs.

Reactions: TGFHeupel16
I will answer as an negapruitt. In order for him to redeem himself to me he would have to pretty much win out over everybody on the schedule except for Alabama. I would then believe that maybe he's starting to turn it around. That Georgia state loss did irreparable harm to him. I know he doesn't think it's a big deal but to a lot of us it is. I might even cut him some slack if he could just win all but two of the remaining games as long as he's competitive in the ones he loses. But I'm not going to be happy with two or three wins and nobody should be.

Exclude me from your NOBODY LIST.
I'm looking for improvement and we are improving.

Exclude me from your NOBODY LIST.
I'm looking for improvement and we are improving.
Improvement will show in wins. Today was a start but it's what you do with it. If they don't win another it would be hard to argue they are improved.

Improvement will show in wins. Today was a start but it's what you do with it. If they don't win another it would be hard to argue they are improved.
After the way they have continued to play better after that horrible start it’d be silly to argue they won’t win again.

Actually the question that you were crying about not getting an answer to, at least in the post that I responded to was this:

Which I did answer for you.

As usual, you don't actually want discussion, you're just looking for agreement, and when you don't get it you just fall back on petulance.

I didn't feel like dealing with this stupidity during the game, which we won. Sorry.

I just looked back and didn't see you answer my question. I saw you twisting and turning and telling me what I thought, but that's not an answer. It's okay, we both know what the answer is, I just wanted to see you say it, and you can't. I knew you couldn't.

I didn't say I wanted to discuss this with you, in the beginning, I said YOU didn't want to. Then later I said I was trying to discuss it but if you can't have it your way you start twisting words, just like you did. Its always the same with you BV.

Would love to see where you answered my question. If I missed it Ill apologize.

Yes, I'm concerned about another coaching search, I have zero faith that they'll get it right, my only hope is they somehow get lucky. FTR, I hope he figures it out because no doubt that would be best for everyone involved.

I'm not so concerned that I want to hold on to Pruitt indefinitely or whatever you said I want. I will let him coach all 12 games this season before I judge him on a full season. Lol. Stupid that I have to say that.

When I feel he's reached his full potential here and its not enough for me, then I'll jump on the crying, bishing and moaning train to enter that coaching search and roll the dice. I'm not there yet and Idgaf if you think I should be.

If you want to genuinely discuss something, I'll be glad to. If you just want to argue to argue and insult each other, see if you can find someone else willing to.

I didn't feel like dealing with this stupidity during the game, which we won. Sorry.

I just looked back and didn't see you answer my question. I saw you twisting and turning and telling me what I thought, but that's not an answer. It's okay, we both know what the answer is, I just wanted to see you say it, and you can't. I knew you couldn't.

I didn't say I wanted to discuss this with you, in the beginning, I said YOU didn't want to. Then later I said I was trying to discuss it but if you can't have it your way you start twisting words, just like you did. Its always the same with you BV.

Would love to see where you answered my question. If I missed it Ill apologize.

Yes, I'm concerned about another coaching search, I have zero faith that they'll get it right, my only hope is they somehow get lucky. FTR, I hope he figures it out because no doubt that would be best for everyone involved.

I'm not so concerned that I want to hold on to Pruitt indefinitely or whatever you said I want. I will let him coach all 12 games this season before I judge him on a full season. Lol. Stupid that I have to say that.

When I feel he's reached his full potential here and its not enough for me, then I'll jump on the crying, bishing and moaning train to enter that coaching search and roll the dice. I'm not there yet and Idgaf if you think I should be.

If you want to genuinely discuss something, I'll be glad to. If you just want to argue to argue and insult each other, see if you can find someone else willing to.
Fair enough

After the way they have continued to play better after that horrible start it’d be silly to argue they won’t win again.
This.

The play Saturday that resulted in a win started the previous week vs UGA. Some saw the improvement even in a lopsided L. UT has played its best football over the last 2 weeks.

UT will magically be regressing after Bama more than likely wins big Saturday.

This.

The play Saturday that resulted in a win started the previous week vs UGA. Some saw the improvement even in a lopsided L. UT has played its best football over the last 2 weeks.

UT will magically be regressing after Bama more than likely wins big Saturday.
No good time to have to go to Tuscaloosa, but this is really bad timing, in every sense.

Reactions: Boca Vol
No good time to have to go to Tuscaloosa, but this is really bad timing, in every sense.
It is what it is.

The one bright spot is SC will enter next week coming off UGA and UF this week. Last year they come off a bye after UT had played AU and Bama.

Reactions: Behr

VN Store

Back