Ap Top 25, Vols #5

Win out and have 2 wins over Top 10 teams.
GA wins out and goes to the SECCG vs LSU.
GA wins that and goes to playoff.
OSU and Michigan will play each other, but neither has the resume that UT does.
GA, TCU (possibly), winner of OSU-Michigan, and UT in the playoffs.
Reasonable?

Win out and have 2 wins over Top 10 teams.
GA wins out and goes to the SECCG vs LSU.
GA wins that and goes to playoff.
OSU and Michigan will play each other, but neither has the resume that UT does.
GA, TCU (possibly), winner of OSU-Michigan, and UT in the playoffs.
Reasonable?
Very. Obviously the committee could choose some 1-loss conference champs over us but I truly believe more chaos is to come. TCU will lose, the Pac12 champ will have 2 losses, and even Clemson could lose again if Dabo doesn’t change QBs.

Very. Obviously the committee could choose some 1-loss conference champs over us but I truly believe more chaos is to come. TCU will lose, the Pac12 champ will have 2 losses, and even Clemson could lose again if Dabo doesn’t change QBs.
I just don't see Clemson getting in even if they win out. They got dominated by a crappy ND team last night.

That backup QB really saved the day against Notre Dame. 1 throw, 1 interception. He's no savior, I think Clemson just isn't very good. They just managed to win some games they should've lost.

Not only that but I believe the committee will favor their own early choice. The whole "first #1 ranking" making the playoffs thing, I think has to effect them too. In a close decision, we will get the benefit of the doubt because they wont want to say their first choice was wrong.

Not only that but I believe the committee will favor their own early choice. The whole "first #1 ranking" making the playoffs thing, I think has to effect them too. In a close decision, we will get the benefit of the doubt because they wont want to say their first choice was wrong.

That and no team that debuted #1 in the initial rankings and goes into selection day with 0 or 1 loss has ever been left out of the playoff. MSU is the only #1 team to miss the playoff and that was because they finished 10-2..... Tennessee at 11-1 goes to playoff. Book your tickets.

Just say this and run.... People are too emotional, thinking we are at risk of missing the playoff if we finish 11-1.
I mean, it all depends what everyone else does. When you lose, you give up control of your own destiny. We certainly still CAN make it, but it is no longer in our hands only.

Reactions: hUTch2002
That backup QB really saved the day against Notre Dame. 1 throw, 1 interception. He's no savior, I think Clemson just isn't very good. They just managed to win some games they should've lost.
He’s still better than DJ. They’d have 2 losses without the backup but reality is he’s a freshman with little experience.

I mean, it all depends what everyone else does. When you lose, you give up control of your own destiny. We certainly still CAN make it, but it is no longer in our hands only.

Had Bama or Clemson not lost, I would agree. However, with their losses, we are in the playoff at 11-1. Clemson losing means a 1 loss team will make the playoff. We were ranked #1 in the first rankings and no initial #1 team has missed the playoff with 0 or 1 losses. 11-1 and we are going to playoff.

Reactions: lifeisdeep

VN Store

Back