Anything Short of winning the East is a...............

Without tearing into this, I will say that it is about time that the head football coach at Tennessee (insert coach name here) meet or exceed expectations.

For all the "troll" stuff that gets thrown at me or people who are "negavols", I can't remember the last time Tennessee did not under perform even my expectations. For instance, I've never predicted Tennessee to miss playing in a bowl game.

So, while winning the East may be over the top, I do think if Pruitt (or whoever it may be) is going to be the guy at Tennessee, he's going to have to actually find a way to win when others think he shouldn't
like, i agree with this in merit. it's pruitt's second year, so the whoever it maybe verbiage really isn't applicable at this point in time.

but, to the overall point...................where is it written that we can't over acheive for once? i mean...really. this season actually presents that opportunity i think, with how the schedule sets up. we'll see. for now....win more than you lose and see what happens.

The only way that we are even in the SEC East Championship game is IF we sweep the East and end up drawing UGA for the East. Beating Florida would be a signature win as far as I am concerned and beating all of the other East division teams and BYU would be a successful season that is anything but a disappointment in my eyes. There is virtually no way that we beat Georgia for the title.

That being said, winning 9 games puts us squarely in the top 25 and puts us in a good position to do the same thing in 2020. I honestly don't see us being confident going into the Florida, Georgia, or Alabama games for the next two years. If EVERYTHING goes right and we are developing talent and recruiting a little better than we did this year we will be in a good spot in 2021 to challenge for the East and make it to ATL. There is no other path IMHO and even the path that I laid out would be great for our program when compared to the previous decade of our program.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?
This crap here is the reason nobody wanted the job when Pruitt was hired. Insane fans with idiotic expectations. Saying Butch shoulda won the East with Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Kelly, Jennings, Barnett, Surton, Daniel etc is one thing, this is a whole other scenario. This is a several year rebuild and anything better than that before 2020/2021 is a huge over achievement.

I will be disappointed, but I also am not expecting us to win the east yet. Could we? It would take some luck, but it could happen. It won't though, and as long as I see real progress, I am fine with that. I am fine with falling short of the goal as long as I can see sustained progress toward it.

Put the crack pipe down. We'll be lucky to win 7 this year. We lack overall depth and just enough talented, legit SEC players in general and it will be evident when we play Florida
Adjusted your post accordingly😉

You better prepare to be disappointed then. Bama, Georgia, and Florida have much better talent. We need to learn how to beat Vandy, USC, & Missouri before we get hyped up about championships.

The silver lining is Vandy's very 1st game is going to be a woodshed ankle grab so they'll come out of the gate with a dose of reality.

Team goals: Win east, Win SEC, Win natty

Fan goals: Improve over last season, quit using the "young team" excuse, play a bowl game in FL around new years

Reactions: volgrad500
Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?

We have talent but lack the depth and consistency it will take to win the East. If Tennessee wins the East this year; we have overachieved.

7-5 to 8-4 is a realistic goal for the next 2 years.

Relax!!! We are going this year. When we beat Florida and Georgia, we’ll be in Atlanta.

Probably going to happen.

Tennessee has to learn to win before one can simply say: “anything short of the sec championship game is a disappointment.”

Tennessee is improving, I hope to see at least 7 wins; however saying championship or bust is way to strong right now.

This has to be sarcasm. One year removed from a 5-7 record & two years removed from the worst season we've EVER had and you think winning the East is realistic?
I was thinking the same thing. No way TN wins the East this year barring a true miracle. MAYBE by 2020 or 2021 we go to the SEC championship...

This crap here is the reason nobody wanted the job when Pruitt was hired. Insane fans with idiotic expectations. Saying Butch shoulda won the East with Dobbs, Kamara, Hurd, Kelly, Jennings, Barnett, Surton, Daniel etc is one thing, this is a whole other scenario. This is a several year rebuild and anything better than that before 2020/2021 is a huge over achievement.

We just need to do like SMU in '87 and just cancel the next two seasons.

We just need to do like SMU in '87 and just cancel the next two seasons.

Edit: Blue font

Team goals: Win east, Win SEC, Win natty

Fan goals: Improve over last season, quit using the "young team" excuse, play a bowl game in FL around new years

Fan goals: Improve over last season, quit using the "young team" excuse, play a bowl game in FL around new years, and give your avatar the spanking she so richly deserves.

Reactions: tbh and bullet20

VN Store

Back