Anything Short of winning the East is a...............

OP, when Nationdom comes in to pull you away from your orange colored immersion of positivity and back toward reality, then you are waaay out past the fringe somewhere!

BTW, I would love for you to be correct. But when 1/2 your reasoning is based on recruiting services from HS 2-4 years past ... then your going to have lots of fail.

Edit: No offense to Nationdom. Never change man!

Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?
Fans like you with your absurd expectations are one of the reasons we continue to stay in this perpetual **** show.

Reactions: hexnut
Every offseason, I'm convinced that many Tennessee fans have either watched no football for the past 5 years or are completely insane.

Or maybe watching UT football the last 5 years has caused people to go insane. Either way, Break out the prescription pad Doc. Haha

Get a life it was just a thought thats what this place is for you negative nancy. GBO
Grow up. Time for you to act like someone who is over the age of eight. This place is for information,not for some child to try to get attention with silly negative trash. I will never have to read anything you post again. Ignored.

Hoping for no major injuries, at least 6-7 wins and a top 10-15 recruiting class. I'd be very content with this and consider it progress.
This is the most reasonable option. I'm hoping for6 wins, would be super happy if we get 7. I'd love to be wrong, but we have too many issues still that some refuse to accept.

Pure delusion.

We may be able to upset a team like UGA or UF, but winning the east... nah.

This year is about beating the teams we should beat. We need to beat South Carolina, Mizzou, and Vandy this year. Hell I would actually be really excited if UT pulled that off. Kinda sad.
I don’t see much of a distinction between the two. If you can upset Georgia and Florida, you should be able to win the East

Without tearing into this, I will say that it is about time that the head football coach at Tennessee (insert coach name here) meet or exceed expectations.

For all the "troll" stuff that gets thrown at me or people who are "negavols", I can't remember the last time Tennessee did not under perform even my expectations. For instance, I've never predicted Tennessee to miss playing in a bowl game.

So, while winning the East may be over the top, I do think if Pruitt (or whoever it may be) is going to be the guy at Tennessee, he's going to have to actually find a way to win when others think he shouldn't

So, while winning the East may be over the top, I do think if Pruitt (or whoever it may be) is going to be the guy at Tennessee, he's going to have to actually find a way to win when others think he shouldn't

I agree but honestly "winning the East this year" is probably a bridge too far. 7-5 or 8-4 is outperforming expectations right now. If Pruitt goes 9-3 and finishes 2nd in the East, he deserves to be named National Coach of the Year.

We got thrashed by UGA, UF, Missouri and Vandy. But yeah we got the talent to win the East. I needed a good laugh today OP.

Disappointment!!! We have the talent according to recruiting services and we have the coaches according to everyone here so how should we expect less?
Tennesse is +1800 to win the east according to Vegas. I'll assume you don't know what that means since you think this team will win more than 7 games, but that is an implied chance of 5.26%. If you are smart enough to believe this, I'll book your bet right now. This is a team that will be lucky to win 7 games.

Reactions: KBVol
Reality. I think 8-5 is about the best we can hope for this year. Too many questions on the lines and unreal expectations being put on the freshman by us.

Reactions: KBVol
How can all of you pick a W against Vandy? They destroyed us with a bowl game on the line????

Funny, this is something you said back in April so I guess you're just looking for attention with this thread. I believe UT will beat UF this year but lose to UGA/Bama/one other but I believe they can finish with a 9-3 record. But how are you coming on here talking smack about people picking Vandy to W this year and then saying anything short of UT winning the East is a disappointment? Seems contradictory.

Uga is gonna loose one they shouldnt.

Still living in the Mark Richt past I see huh? Which one did UGA lose last year that they shouldn't? LSU was on the road in death valley and that wasn't exactly like playing Arkansas there.

Funny, this is something you said back in April so I guess you're just looking for attention with this thread. I believe UT will beat UF this year but lose to UGA/Bama/one other but I believe they can finish with a 9-3 record. But how are you coming on here talking smack about people picking Vandy to W this year and then saying anything short of UT winning the East is a disappointment? Seems contradictory.

Still living in the Mark Richt past I see huh? Which one did UGA lose last year that they shouldn't? LSU was on the road in death valley and that wasn't exactly like playing Arkansas there.

Texas doesn't count?

VN Store

Back