Anything in college careers that put Levis and Richardson…

In the top half of the NFL first rounD (regardless of QB needs) based on what you’ve seen? I’m certainly no expert, but I don’t get it. Good players, but guys you put serious stock in to elevate your club? C’mon.

Someone will be fired for rolling the dice on either.

Combine is glorified practice.
When the lights come on and live fire hits the tape don’t lie.

Good luck, Tepper.

Reactions: tbh and brockytop
IMHO Will Levis will rank right up there with Ryan Leaf as one of the worst ever if he is drafted in the 1st round, minus the attitude problems which I have no info on..... He is that bad. Richardson has been nothing to brag about either.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Anthony Richardson is one of the best athletes I've ever seen and his combine results are showing that. The physical tools are there.

The question is can someone turn him into a polished QB.

If someone can, they've got one hell of a player. If they can't, then he won't last long like a whole lot of players.

I think the logic some GMs use is that every pick is a gamble, might as well gamble on a guy with all the tools.

He's a good kid too.

For the record, I don't think he'll develop into a guy who can beat you in the pocket.

Anthony Richardson is one of the best athletes I've ever seen and his combine results are showing that. The physical tools are there.

The question is can someone turn him into a polished QB.

If someone can, they've got one hell of a player. If they can't, then he won't last long like a whole lot of players.

I think the logic some GMs use is that every pick is a gamble, might as well gamble on a guy with all the tools.

He's a good kid too.

For the record, I don't think he'll develop into a guy who can beat you in the pocket.

The same could have been said about Josh Dobbs when he went to the draft. He had every tool needed and even more in reality due to his running ability.

Like Richardson, he was never properly developed and the records during his time with the Vols really don't show how good he could have been. Being a homer, Dobbs is better than Richardson. The being said, I would tend to think either would have been an easy top 10 pick with a year or two under a quality QB coach like Hype or Lincoln Riley... thankfully Richardson didn't have that.

However, Levis is utter trash and I do NOT understand the hype with him.

Last edited:
IMHO Will Levis will rank right up there with Ryan Leaf as one of the worst ever if he is drafted in the 1st round, minus the attitude problems which I have no info on..... He is that bad. Richardson has been nothing to brag about either.
I’m not sure I’d compare Levis to Leaf. Leaf’s issue wasn’t talent, arm strength, or accuracy….his was just being a complete baffoon.

Read something earlier where the NFL was drooling over Levis and AR at the combine. All they kept saying was arm strength.

In the top half of the NFL first round (regardless of QB needs) based on what you’ve seen? I’m certainly no expert, but I don’t get it. Good players, but guys you put serious stock in to elevate your club? C’mon.

I honestly don't get it either. They are basing it off how strong their arms are and with Richardson his pure athletism. Take more than both of those to be a successful NFL QB. Don't see either having much success. Same as Malik Willis. Didn't understand that either.

Leaf was 5x the QB in college these two were. Leaf didn’t make it because of himself (laziness, lack of discipline, etc)

I’m not sure I’d compare Levis to Leaf. Leaf’s issue wasn’t talent, arm strength, or accuracy….his was just being a complete baffoon.
They’re nothing alike. Leaf had a great college career. Levis has been mediocre. No one would be shocked with a Levis bust. There were actually a lot of people (stupid ones of course) that thought Leaf should have been taken before Manning.

In the top half of the NFL first round (regardless of QB needs) based on what you’ve seen? I’m certainly no expert, but I don’t get it. Good players, but guys you put serious stock in to elevate your club? C’mon.
Without Jon Robinson at least neither will become a Titan

I’m certainly not a scout, but I don’t see BY being a great NFL QB. Average at best imo…
Like always, it depends on the fit. If he goes to the QB graveyard Browns then he stands no chance. If he goes to the right place he will do well. I believe ultimately he will be one of the best pros in the league though. Top 5 QB by year 5.

VN Store

Back