Anyone watching gameday from the swamp?

the only thing i took away from the whole 4 hours worth of broadcast.....was very early on when they were doing their breakdown of the SEC...and went thru SC, GA, FL, LSU, Bama......and Fowler said "and we haven't even mentioned TN yet, and they represented the East in the title game last year" and both Corso and Herbie said "yeah, they're a non factor".

non factor.

i hope i wasn't the ony one that heard that.
Should tell you something about what people on the outside looking in think about our program. Crappy recruiting, even poorer coaching at times and its easy to see why espn and all those perceived to hate us think that way.

I'am not a fan of herbstreet or corso or fowler for that matter. But i do agree with one statement they made. Your coach is only as good as his players alot of times.
Also the team with the best players wins 80% of the time. Those statements ring true.

Oh all is not lost we still have enough talent to stay competitive. But overall quality depth will be very hard to accomplish if we keep getting hit or miss classes. Recruiting is truely the lifeblood of a program.

Right now they think florida's talent is better(i tend to agree). They also think that georgia is better although we've kicked them in the teeth the last two years. That one is harder to figure out. I do believe georgia may have better talent, but it certainly hasn't showed up on the field against us lately.

Its really just a matter of us winning some big games for once. It would also be nice to not get embarrassed by pansy teams such as cal or getting bludgeoned by our two biggest rivals.

We win a couple we shouldn't this year and people might have something good to say about us. But until then expect to keep getting disrespected. We just haven't shut anyone up lately.

the only thing i took away from the whole 4 hours worth of broadcast.....was very early on when they were doing their breakdown of the SEC...and went thru SC, GA, FL, LSU, Bama......and Fowler said "and we haven't even mentioned TN yet, and they represented the East in the title game last year" and both Corso and Herbie said "yeah, they're a non factor".

non factor.

i hope i wasn't the ony one that heard that.

Wow I missed that but it's not surprising. We have a lot of unknowns right now. For someone who doesn't even follow the program like we do (Corso, Herbstreit) those unknowns are going to look even larger.

They also think that georgia is better although we've kicked them in the teeth the last two years. That one is harder to figure out. I do believe georgia may have better talent, but it certainly hasn't showed up on the field against us lately.

That can mean one of two things. Richt is massively overrated or Rivals and Scout are wrong. You tell me.

That can mean one of two things. Richt is massively overrated or Rivals and Scout are wrong. You tell me.

it would have to be rivals/scout because MR brought out the black jerseys. No way he can pull off a stunt like that and be overrated

Wow I missed that but it's not surprising. We have a lot of unknowns right now. For someone who doesn't even follow the program like we do (Corso, Herbstreit) those unknowns are going to look even larger.
a very valid point.

of course the counter point is that we're all homers wearing orange glasses seeing things that aren't there.:)

VN Store

Back