Anyone listen to Doug "I dont think, I know" Matthews today?

He repeated some things that CJP said earlier in the week for those who may not have followed the press conferences, like me. Nothing earth shattering.

The only thing that drives me crazy is the “ little bit” delivery. Everything that comes out of his mouth comes w a disclaimer... and just a little , a little bit , maybe just a little , just a little more , a bit

The only thing that drives me crazy is the “ little bit” delivery. Everything that comes out of his mouth comes w a disclaimer... and just a little , a little bit , maybe just a little , just a little more , a bit
Here’s another one. When he’s estimating something he won’t say 4 or 5 ..... 19 or 20. It’s 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. Or it’s 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23. Kinda weird.

Also, he’s awful with names.

That said, I like Doug and always listen to his shows. He’s a little too optimistic at times when I’d appreciate him being a little more truthful about where things actually are. He stopped taking calls because he was getting callers who were critical of the program during the worst stretch of football in school history.

But there’s no doubt that he loves Tennessee football and I appreciate his dedication to it every week.

Doug's OK in my book. Hard to do a year round football show on Sunday mornings (with a little BB thrown in there) and keep it fresh. Sometimes it does get a little repetitious, but a nugget or two is thrown in there. Like that crappy golf game you played, but that one chip up by the pin that keeps you coming back for more..

I podcast it, so sometimes between Sundays, I'll fit it in. I got a UT buddy out in California I share some links to the podcast. He cracked up at the "Church segment" (meaning people are sitting in their car at church waiting for the first ad break to go in). He said that would blow peoples minds in California.

My takeaway from the whole offseason from "Big Orange Sunday". He's pretty high on Pruitt (of course he was high on Jones too). Reading between the lines.... (This happened way before the Chaney hire).. He was not happy that our previous OC barely got the ball into the hands of his playmakers (Jennings/Callaway to name some). Thinks the new staff will be better at this.

He promised up Bobby Majors last Sunday. I've often wondered what became of him. When I was a high school student, Majors was a stud player. Look for him sometimes in the upcoming weeks. For the young pups who don't know who this is, a picture:

CKmg4BUWwAAfEpK

OMG. He said some good things about the VOLS!! What the hell is this world coming to. Listen to Adams. He is much more suited to the mattress burners and bridge divers.

In 2017, before we started our worst SEC season OF ALL TIME he said “this was the best class Butch had signed so far” and that we looked very good to make some noise. Then we went 0-8 in the SEC ladies and gentlemen.

In December of 2018 he said the OC search was 95% done. Then another month passed before we hired Chaney. Eventually he confessed to his lack of info. He’s full of sunshine. It’s great if you live in fantasy land. If you want facts then look elsewhere.

DM is a shill for the University, God bless him. I prefer facts or at least some realistic rumors.

In 2017, before we started our worst SEC season OF ALL TIME he said “this was the best class Butch had signed so far” and that we looked very good to make some noise. Then we went 0-8 in the SEC ladies and gentlemen.

In December of 2018 he said the OC search was 95% done. Then another month passed before we hired Chaney. Eventually he confessed to his lack of info. He’s full of sunshine. It’s great if you live in fantasy land. If you want facts then look elsewhere.

DM is a shill for the University, God bless him. I prefer facts or at least some realistic rumors.
Meh, I mean you’re right but there’s a fine line between being a shill which gets you in good with your audience and the staff and being a realist which has people turning the channel. No one wants to listen to pessimism all the time but they will buy optimism most days. All about catering to your audience.

Reactions: Jack Burton

Ok, to each his own. I’m just wondering why you listen? Evidently your an avid listener if you can quote things he said 2 years ago.

Ok, to each his own. I’m just wondering why you listen? Evidently your an avid listener if you can quote things he said 2 years ago.

I don’t listen anymore. These recap threads provide enough pseudo info. You just have to take what he says with a grain of salt or “grade of slaw” if my VQism is correct.

VN Store

Back