The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

YankeeVol

Veni Vidi Vici
I know Nerd did, but I don’t know of anyone else.

Last edited:
Sold the first car I had a customer for. I’m quitting. There’s nowhere to go except down 🤣
Same here. I was a hero for about an hour and then a POS minion. There were some great people in the industry, but they were far outnumbered by the sleaze balls. Throw in some customers that treat you like garbage and it’s definitely not for everyone.

Was going to be in the market for new car later this year. Nothing expensive - something like a Mazda6. Any suggestions when I should hit the dealers assuming things ease up in a month?

The hours seem horrible.

My brother makes really good money in it but yeah, the hours are atrocious. When he did finance he was stuck at work until the last customer left. So he'd work 8-8 a lot of days. Also never had an actual weekend. Just random non-consecutive days off throughout the week. 2 weeks vacation max even after a decade+ of working at the same place.

YouTube "Slasher 2004 John Landis". It's an hour-and-a-half documentary about a used car salesman.
Not sure if this is typical behavior, but anyone interested in sales would find this interesting.

Reactions: volinbham
What makes you stay? It seems like a lot of sales companies would like someone with the backbone to be successful in the car world

He just got in the business.

I've been in the industry for 30 years. Can't think of anywhere I could make more money.

Reactions: YankeeVol

VN Store

Back