The 2nd career adventures of Yankee

Was going to be in the market for new car later this year. Nothing expensive - something like a Mazda6. Any suggestions when I should hit the dealers assuming things ease up in a month?
In my area car lots are dead right now and it is the end of the month. This weekend might be a great time to buy. It is a buyers market.

Was going to be in the market for new car later this year. Nothing expensive - something like a Mazda6. Any suggestions when I should hit the dealers assuming things ease up in a month?
GM is offering 0% for up to 84 months and no payment for 120 on select models.

Last edited:
I've never come across a good car salesman. I've bought 3 and they are lucky I was coming in to buy.

Typical elitist attitude. Looking down your nose at a profession you don’t respect. I’m sure you’re a talented properly trained salesman.

Toyota was in Nashville. I didn't really want to drive to Nashville anymore

Reactions: txbo
I have experienced significant differences in salesmen, and dealers in general.
Locally there is a huge GM/Cadillac dealer... I always check in with them when I want to trade or just buy. I always get a high degree of handling by salesmen, managers, and appraisers. And then a few days pass and I hear back with an offer, usually much lower than my research tells me.

As a backup I traveled 120 miles south to another GM dealer... and I worked exclusively with one person until it was time to sign the papers. I have bought 4 vehicles from them in 7 years, and have an order in for the 5th. This salesman knows his stuff, and minimizes the BS. He makes the calls to find the vehicle I want, and horse trades with other dealers to get it.

Being bigger is not anyway linked to being better in the auto business.

VN Store

Back