Anyone hear rumor about a black baseball jersey

Someone posted this yesterday.

Personally, I always hated to wear black ... it was hot during a day game ... just plain uncomfortable. Felt like I was laying on asphalt and absorbing the heat and turning into a baked potato.
A night game under the lights ... hmmmmmm.
I will suspend judgement and see how they look ... but if the players are all in ... who am I to judge ... you do not mess the team mojo ... when they are rolling ... keep 'em loose and turn up loose at the plate!

I’m not really all that fond of the black unis, wish we would go back to grey in football, they look amazing in baseball… or maybe it’s cause we’re winning in them lol

I believe DeerPark said in the football forum Nike has another grey alternate for this season but we're also keeping the black alternate. Personally I don't mind the greys for baseball and softball because grey is traditionally a color teams wear on the road anyway, but overall I'm sort of over the Smokey Grey thing. And it's probably not fair but I associate it with Butch Jones because it was ushered in under his watch at least from a public viewpoint it seemed like a thing he really pushed. Him and his coaches seemed to wear Smokey Grey attire more than orange, like he was trying to make it his mark he put on the university. Both basketball teams haven't worn their Smokey Greys in like 5-6 years.

I also don't mind the baseball team adding a black jersey since historically they were wearing black before it was "cool".

Black uniforms were mentioned during some Vol video. When they would be available wasn’t mentioned, just they were in the works. If my memory serves me.

Reactions: AllVolinGA and MAD

VN Store

Back