Anyone head to the Orange and White World Series and can give an update?

Following on Twitter. Looks like Davidson got lit up. Wallace/Crochet looks like good 1-2 punch.

Perfect Game must’ve had some hot guns last year. Gilbert 95 MPH lefty is 87-89 touch 90. Pleasants and Rackers 86-88. Dallas looks like his velo legit.

Reactions: RollerVol
Agree on Wallace. He looks good. Just has to keep the walks and HBP to a minimum. There are several guys that could easily fill a weekend starter role. That’s a good problem to have....

Reactions: Volsbaseballfan1
You’re putting words in my mouth. All I said was that velo’s are normally lower. I didn’t say how much.

And even lower for first year guys at the D1 level. That first year is often times tough on younger arms

Reactions: 31VFL
Perfect Game only had Drew at 91. It was PBR that had him at 95. He is consistently 88-90 with stuff this fall. I think his quick arm motion will make him effective. Plus he has a bulldog mentality which will either help him or hurt him in SEC. Some times it helps to be a little worried about the other guy. There are times a walk is better than letting him swing. I think they have shown a lot of good arms this fall from freshmen up to seniors. It should be a good team. They have a lot of guys with power at the plate and a good mixture of arms from great speed to great control. Should be a fun year.

Fall practice wrapping up today. Arrived too late to get a roster, so don’t really know the new guys.

Attachments

• 8A79B63E-E386-4873-8272-33925817AC17.jpeg
    8A79B63E-E386-4873-8272-33925817AC17.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 17
Reactions: RollerVol

VN Store

Back