Anyone have an update on Morasha Wiggins ?

You can't get them all. Sometimes a program has up recruiting season and sometimes a program has down recruiting season. Kellie got Sara Puckett who UNC was recruiting. UNC has lost out on other players that they had offered like the two players that committed to Notre Dame, Olivia Miles and Sonia Citron, Megan Newman (Arizona St), Caroline Ducharme (UConn), Jersey Wolfenbarger (Arkansas), Saniya Rivers (South Carolina), Aaliyah Moore (Texas) and others.

Oof

his recruiting prediction stuff is being taken way to seriously by several people....
Boy howdy! You think? To the point that some actually interject themselves into the real life process. Remember how often we've said recruiting is about carefully building relationships? Can you imagine horning in on that fragile work? Poor Kelly, what a nightmare.

I too wondered if we Coach K and the university fought for Wiggins, so I asked Mo's Dad, Harold straight up...
Surreal. And what, exactly, would happen if old Harold had said Kelly sucked as a recruiter? Put her in time out? Withhold your future "help"? You went behind her and checked her work? In spite of all past experience, I am still completely astonished.

Boy howdy! You think? To the point that some actually interject themselves into the real life process. Remember how often we've said recruiting is about carefully building relationships? Can you imagine horning in on that fragile work? Poor Kelly, what a nightmare.

Surreal. And what, exactly, would happen if old Harold had said Kelly sucked as a recruiter? Put her in time out? Withhold your future "help"? You went behind her and checked her work? In spite of all past experience, I am still completely astonished.

I didn't check her work, I knew the shig would hit the fan unless it was shown that she did fight hard,,,I knew all along what Harold would say as I have been in contact with him.

If anything, I looked out for coach K,,,thank you very much

you've had a noose for me for the whole time you've been on this site....sad...but keep hold of that rope

Last edited:
Reactions: stlvolsfan

Surreal. And what, exactly, would happen if old Harold had said Kelly sucked as a recruiter? Put her in time out? Withhold your future "help"? You went behind her and checked her work? In spite of all past experience, I am still completely astonished
Quite frankly. I'm astonished that you're astonished !!!
What were you expecting ?

I didn't check her work, I knew the shig would hit the fan unless it was shown that she did fight hard,,,I knew all along what Harold would say as I have been in contact with him.

If anything, I looked out for coach K,,,thank you very much

you've had a noose for me for the whole time you've been on this site....sad...but keep hold of that rope
I really don't want to continuously pound on you. I really don't. But you bring a lot of the criticisms posted here, on yourself.
Let me give you an example:
In the above post, you wrote:
"I knew all along what Harold would say... "
But in post #168, you wrote:
"I too wondered if we Coach K and the university fought for Wiggins, so I asked Mo's Dad, Harold straight up..."
So you "knew" and yet you "wondered". It's seemingly contradictory statements like those that will draw a reaction.
Friendly advice, fwiw.
Reread your posts before sending and consider both the style and the content of your post.
It may prevent you from being on the receiving end from some of the criticism you receive here.
On edit
I gave you a like for the
"All we are missing now..."
comment. I thought it was funny.

Last edited:
Reactions: JustaChicken
I really don't want to continuously pound on you. I really don't. But you bring a lot of the criticisms posted here, on yourself.
"I too wondered if we Coach K and the university fought for Wiggins, so I asked Mo's Dad, Harold straight up..."
So you "knew" and yet you "wondered". It's seemingly contradictory statements like those that will draw a reaction.
Friendly advice, fwiw.
Reread your posts before sending and consider both the style and the content of your post.
It may prevent you from being on the receiving end from some of the criticism you receive here.
On edit

whatever.
the sky is up!
No it's down
no its up
....infinity

no matter what I say it gets magnified and dissected..why should this be any different

goodnight folks

oh and by the way,,,thread hijacked

as I have been in contact with him.
But why? That's what I can't wrap my head around. Random fans actually talking to families seems so potentially harmful to the recruiting process. What if you say the wrong thing, piss them off? Why risk that? Seems like it makes KJH job that much harder. She alone needs to control the recruiting narrative IMO. . I wouldn't think she needs us to "look out for her". I'd automatically think she fights for a recruit to the degree she thinks appropriate, given alot of knowledge she has that we don't have.
Quite frankly. I'm astonished that you're astonished !!!
What were you expecting ?
I was expecting that the staff recruits and we talk about it without interjecting ourselves with the actual people involved. I guess that's just an old fashioned concept. Thanks social media! Everyone leave your 2 cents worth.

Last edited:
Except that Coach Jumper is not a ‘random fan’ . He’s pretty well known in AAU circles.

But why? That's what I can't wrap my head around. Random fans actually talking to families seems so potentially harmful to the recruiting process. What if you say the wrong thing, piss them off? Why risk that? Seems like it makes KJH job that much harder. She alone needs to control the recruiting narrative IMO. . I wouldn't think she needs us to "look out for her". I'd automatically think she fights for a recruit to the degree she thinks appropriate, given alot of knowledge she has that we don't have.

I was expecting that the staff recruits and we talk about it without interjecting ourselves with the actual people involved. I guess that's just an old fashioned concept. Thanks social media! Everyone leave your 2 cents worth.

Except that Coach Jumper is not a ‘random fan’ . He’s pretty well known in AAU circles.
I was involved in AAU basketball as a coach also, but that was many years ago. So I'm outside the loop now. Since you know of Coach J 's reputation in AAU circles, maybe you can answer this question. When did Coach J last coach an AAU team ?

No school gets them all. Recruiting seems to get more complicated and unpredictable each year. The LVs have some nice incoming recruits and there is really no way to know how a player will work out until they arrive in college.

The frequency with which players now transfer plus the always possible injuries and random attrition make it even more difficult to predict if any class will deliver on a NC or FF regardless of their reputations coming out of high school. It's understandable to be disappointed when a player a school really wants selects another program but 18 year olds get more difficult to understand as we fans get further from those years.

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Friendly advice, fwiw.
On edit
Look, y’all have hall monitors too!

Reactions: volnationnj
I have no idea. I was speaking of his connections with the athletes and their parents. There are many that communicate with him and some that he has given private lessons to.

I was involved in AAU basketball as a coach also, but that was many years ago. So I'm outside the loop now. Since you know of Coach J 's reputation in AAU circles, maybe you can answer this question. When did Coach J last coach an AAU team ?

I have no idea. I was speaking of his connections with the athletes and their parents. There are many that communicate with him and some that he has given private lessons to.
This discussion has occurred here a few weeks ago.

I’m friends with a compliance officer at a major university And it’s a fine line to where it gets crossed by fans of a team and contact with recruits and/or Family members either in person or using social media.

It’s the promotion of a team by that fan to that recruit that could be considered a violation by the NCAA.

If I was the compliance officer at Tennessee I would prefer that fans of a team have zero contact with recruits. Just read this board and tell me how the Tennessee fans here could not be considered boosters.

l’m sure it drives the compliance people nuts, but that’s the world we live in. Players and parents on social media interact with ‘fans’ everyday at most every school.

As long as fans aren’t providing Illegal benefits to those students, the NCAA shouldn’t care.

I personally wished that both players, recruits and their parents didn’t interact with fans on social media, but that’s the audience many seek. That’s also why we as fans need to be careful what we post on social media to avoid alienating them.

This discussion has occurred here a few weeks ago.

I’m friends with a compliance officer at a major university And it’s a fine line to where it gets crossed by fans of a team and contact with recruits and/or Family members either in person or using social media.

It’s the promotion of a team by that fan to that recruit that could be considered a violation by the NCAA.

If I was the compliance officer at Tennessee I would prefer that fans of a team have zero contact with recruits. Just read this board and tell me how the Tennessee fans here could not be considered boosters.

Reactions: JustaChicken
l’m sure it drives the compliance people nuts, but that’s the world we live in. Players and parents on social media interact with ‘fans’ everyday at most every school.

As long as fans aren’t providing Illegal benefits to those students, the NCAA shouldn’t care.

I personally wished that both players, recruits and their parents didn’t interact with fans on social media, but that’s the audience many seek. That’s also why we as fans need to be careful what we post on social media to avoid alienating them.
It’s not as simple as providing illegal benefits to the recruits. Much of the contact according to my friend is a red flag.

personally I think Coach Jumpers contact is a problem and it has nothing to do with my back and forth with him.

karenjack.gif

Depends on your definition of "pretty well known". If you mean that he has coached for high profile AAU teams that regularly features top 100 kids that go on to play for major programs, I'm afraid you're mistaken. If I recall correctly, he may have had 1 or 2 girls that he coached pre-high school get scholarships to a smaller D1 team.

Despite how he posits himself on this board, @glv98 is correct to label him as "a random fan". And yes, his process of following parents of recruits on Twitter and asking them if Kellie did enough to recruit their daughters is disturbing AF.

View attachment 286599

Depends on your definition of "pretty well known". If you mean that he has coached for high profile AAU teams that regularly features top 100 kids that go on to play for major programs, I'm afraid you're mistaken. If I recall correctly, he may have had 1 or 2 girls that he coached pre-high school get scholarships to a smaller D1 team.

Despite how he posits himself on this board, @glv98 is correct to label him as "a random fan". And yes, his process of following parents of recruits on Twitter and asking them if Kellie did enough to recruit their daughters is disturbing AF.

you, glv, and a few others I fully expect such comments from...I do not know you (thank God) and you do not know my history

Of course I do. You brag about it all the time on this board. Not sure why, though...

attack on if it makes you feel big,Amb,,,this'll probably get cut by Freak soon anyway

(Earl, thanks for your kind words of support)
Amb, glv, nut have fun,,,I'm going out for a sausage and egg biscuit and to walk my thrice weekly two-miles.
C ya

Last edited:
Reactions: EarlVolFan
Uh, yes it is. You can ‘red flag’ all you want, but social media interaction is here to stay....and not illegal or an NCAA violation.

It’s not as simple as providing illegal benefits to the recruits. Much of the contact according to my friend is a red flag.

personally I think Coach Jumpers contact is a problem and it has nothing to do with my back and forth with him.

See, an old dog can learn new tricks !
Your deletion of "a couple of years" was judicious. That is just the type of statement that could be fact checked. ;)

Reactions: Amb3096
I hope it doesn't get cut. I'm honestly curious and obviously out of date. What are the benefits of fans communicating actively with recruits and families as opposed to the obvious risks? I think it's a worthwhile discussion

Reactions: xtpsrh08123
I hope it doesn't get cut. I'm honestly curious and obviously out of date. What are the benefits of fans communicating actively with recruits and families as opposed to the obvious risks? I think it's a worthwhile discussion
I'll be home in an hour I'm checking my phone for messages. If you want to continue this discussion I'd be happy to do it with you only instead of hijacking This Thread will move it to the coach jumper thread

VN Store

Back