Anyone have an update on JP Prince?

Is the JP Prince you are ridiculing the same guy who hit two free throws with 20-some seconds left to beat undefeated Memphis and help UT get its first No. 1 ranking in school history?

Is it the same Prince who came off the bench and lit up Xavier for the most impressive road win of the season before?

The same Prince who was in a coma three years ago and has overcome two shoulder surgeries over the past two years?

If it's the same Prince, then I wonder about the "fans" who would take shots at him after what he has been through, and what he has done to lead UT in some very key victories.

Yep, same one

What is his hindrance? That he showboats? Who gives a ****. They all showboat.
If by showboating you mean playing worse defense than a cardboard cutout of Dane Bradshaw, having a worse shot than Lane Kiffin, and pouting profusely about a call against him or stopping in his tracks to pout about no call for him... then yes, his showboating does tend to hinder the team.

You see, juxtaposing those very small glimmers of talent against the typical hotdogging, cherry picking, no defense, sorry shooting, selfish garbage that he typically puts out is te reason people have problems with the guy. He can do more, but won't because his head us jacked and our coach won't demand better.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Believe you or the coach. I will go with the coach.

Believe you or the coach. I will go with the coach.

Our coach is a players coach. It's why nobody on our team will play to their potential. His garbage is rah rah for the players. It's what he does. It is exactly what Prince doesn't need.

Believe what you want, but if you disagree with one point I made, toss out some evidence. My side doesn't need any.

Pearl doesn't get the potential out of his players? Hmmm...I wonder how they beat Memphis and attained the No. 1 ranking two years ago despite not having one NBA Draft pick on the team while Rose went in the lottery....

I guess if they played to their potential they would have gone undefeated and won the national championship....

Gimme a break. Pearl is a good coach. He's not perfect, but what college coach is?

Stop living in the past Griff. That game is Bruce's 1 career highlight.

Pearl doesn't get the potential out of his players? Hmmm...I wonder how they beat Memphis and attained the No. 1 ranking two years ago despite not having one NBA Draft pick on the team while Rose went in the lottery....

I guess if they played to their potential they would have gone undefeated and won the national championship....

Gimme a break. Pearl is a good coach. He's not perfect, but what college coach is?

No but perhaps they would have made it past the Sweet 16. I think most would say that was pretty disappointing.

It's like every time I come on here it's THIS conversation under a new thread heading.

Prince polarizes fans, that's what makes him an interesting presence--he infuriates and wows, and his detractors point at mostly useless inferences or cite already corrected tendencies(he shot like 2 3pt attempts after that misguided early spree)...his defenders are no better, of course.

But I'm one of them, so enough about that!

Memphis played its worst game of the season and were still a Dozier blown gimme from winning.

That's a bit disingenuous to say that was memphis' worst played game of the year; they looked offensively worse vs okie, usc, tulsa, houston, I mean we could go on...and defensively they certainly weren't awful--we could name a bucketful of games that year where they were worse.

We won @memphis, against the current #1 team in the country, a team that was basically a blown FT from winning the national title. You can attach qualifiers to the game itself, but to undermine the performance or fail to give Pearl credit is partisan to the point of weirdness.

That's a bit disingenuous to say that was memphis' worst played game of the year; they looked offensively worse vs okie, usc, tulsa, houston, I mean we could go on...and defensively they certainly weren't awful--we could name a bucketful of games that year where they were worse.

We won @memphis, against the current #1 team in the country, a team that was basically a blown FT from winning the national title. You can attach qualifiers to the game itself, but to undermine the performance or fail to give Pearl credit is partisan to the point of weirdness.

Good post.

VN Store

Back