Anyone following this Google Dragonfly stuff?

You don’t get to 1984 without search engine restrictions and anyone who doesn’t think that is the end game isn’t looking remotely close enough.

Just google white couple pics then google black people pics.

This is just a small example of algorithms being used to modify searches.

You don’t get to 1984 without search engine restrictions and anyone who doesn’t think that is the end game isn’t looking remotely close enough.

Lol. That was funny.

It's a question of whether you want to know what China is doing to spy on and control its citizens or whether you don't. Right now, there's no way to control the totalitarian nature of Chinese govt, possibly there will be in the future, and at least in the meantime, you'll have some control over their mechanism of control.

Reactions: Mick
It is entirely different.
How so? Both cases are of national security concerns. Both could be used against us. American companies make money. I don't like the idea one bit, but a programmer's gotta eat too.

It's a question of whether you want to know what China is doing to spy on and control its citizens or whether you don't. Right now, there's no way to control the totalitarian nature of Chinese govt, possibly there will be in the future, and at least in the meantime, you'll have some control over their mechanism of control.

That’s asinine. The Chinese will have total control over the google product. This is nothing more than google profiting off of oppression. Which is fine, they are a private company, my only beef with google is their hypocrisy.

Some folks need to watch "The Creepy Line" documentary. This isn't something that's being produced for China. It's been in effect for a long time here and they're just tweaking it for the Chinese Gov'ts specs.

Some folks need to watch "The Creepy Line" documentary. This isn't something that's being produced for China. It's been in effect for a long time here and they're just tweaking it for the Chinese Gov'ts specs.

Probably has a backdoor built in for the Chinese govt.

Probably has a backdoor built in for the Chinese govt.

Think of what Google tracks via search engine activity. Now, think what they have access to track via all of your emails. Now, think what they have access to track (and do track) with ALL of your activity via ChromOS and Android OS (including add-on apps). At the OS level, they have access to so much more than they did with search engine and even email.

Think of what Google tracks via search engine activity. Now, think what they have access to track via all of your emails. Now, think what they have access to track (and do track) with ALL of your activity via ChromOS and Android OS (including add-on apps). At the OS level, they have access to so much more than they did with search engine and even email.

Now just imagine that the Chinese will access to that info. Bad enough our govt has it.

whats funny here is you have a search engine company trying to restrict another search engine that is already restricted. Is it the same, bad, if the restriction here is trying to restrict a restricted option.

I don’t think it’s about monitoring the totalitarian gov. We already know how they operate.
They are using a citizen point value system. Those who don’t score high enough are cut off from things such as gas, certain stores, room rentals, flights, public transit and living accommodations. You get rewarded for reporting other bad citizens. I know this without google.
so Google really can’t have a good enough reason to accommodate a totalitarian gov can they? They become a willing participant in that totalitarianism.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
That’s asinine. The Chinese will have total control over the google product. This is nothing more than google profiting off of oppression. Which is fine, they are a private company, my only beef with google is their hypocrisy.

Lol. It’s funny how liberals and liberal companies like google change their “morality” based on where they do business.

Reactions: hog88
How so? Both cases are of national security concerns. Both could be used against us. American companies make money. I don't like the idea one bit, but a programmer's gotta eat too.

Weapons companies make products that are designed for destruction. Before they can sell them to foreign powers the US must approve. Everyone knows the purpose.

What Google is doing here is taking a product they've built on the basis of providing more access and freedom to people and intentionally weaponizing it for a foreign government to control it's people. It is entirely antithetic to the ethos on which Google was founded. This is why so many of the employees oppose the move.

Weapons companies make products that are designed for destruction. Before they can sell them to foreign powers the US must approve. Everyone knows the purpose.

What Google is doing here is taking a product they've built on the basis of providing more access and freedom to people and intentionally weaponizing it for a foreign government to control it's people. It is entirely antithetic to the ethos on which Google was founded. This is why so many of the employees oppose the move.
I take it you want government intervention, maybe a job killing regulation because you are "terrified"?

I take it you want government intervention, maybe a job killing regulation because you are "terrified"?

You take it wrong across the board with the above statement. None of what you posted represents my view.

There is no better form of government control than a weapon. You think weapons we sell other countries are not used to control it's people?

VN Store

Back