Anyone excited for 2028 recruiting

No way I care about anything past 2023. Between Global warming and the possibility of a variant of covid killing half of us by 2028 or any other crisis that could occur. I keep it no more than a year away in any interest in a player.

Reactions: Chippo and Lucy
It maybe ridiculous, but this little lady is a special talent and game changer...Her handle & drive is nutz and her shooting range [well, see for yourself...the proof is in the pudding]
Not go to many kids sporting events? There is that one kid that dominates every league. My own daughter was the best player in her league at that age. By the time she was 16 she had moved on from sports to boys.

I'm not saying this little girl isn't going to be the best ever. Just that it's a little to early to put those kinds of expectations on her. Because you never know what puberty will do to her.

Her clips are awesome but I’m more concerned with physically how she develops. If she’s able to continue developing skill wise and she grows to a solid height… absolutely. But that’s a lot of pressure on a 6th grace child.

But if she wants to commit I mean.. invite her to camps and monitor that development while cultivating a relationship. At worst you end up loving her as a back up or bench energy due to your relationship to her and her family but have a starter/more heralded player in mind. That’s basically what people ask for when they demand players from Tennessee who aren’t the best in the nation be on the team. 🥴

And that’s not shade to one specific person. There are some players I think deserve to have looks and offers who still haven’t been and then there are others that I think should never have gotten a look.

Addie Wilhoit, 7th grader in Johnson City, dropped 42 including 10 threes on Knoxville Christian.

Tagging @GameTime cuz I know he likes shooters.

Last edited:
Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Totally unexcited about 2028 recruiting. Hoping we still have a planet by then or that covid hasn't evolved and killed us all.

I'm looking forward to 2039:
Cute-Baby-Holding-Basketball.jpg

But seriously, I remember back in 2013 or '14 when the star Little League pitcher Mo'Ne Davis had her moment in the spotlight, the Connecticut fans were ready to clear a huge spot in the program's trophy case for all the national championship trophies she'd be bringing to CT as a basketball player. She had declared her undying love for the Huskies, and said she wanted to play for Auriemma one day. He even called her on the phone. I remember the boneyarders posting a video of her looking really good for a young player.

Fast-forward to today, she's 5'4" and plays softball -- second base for Hampton University.

Also, from that video of the 6th grade baller, I can see that it sure isn't much fun to be a teammate of hers. She never once even glances at anyone else. lol

She sure can handle the ball, though! Being a better teammate and getting others involved in the game can be taught. Good for her for so obviously working hard on her ball handling!

Reactions: chuckiepoo

VN Store

Back