Anybody watching the South Carolina game?

6 Times in the second half the Knights had the ball inside the Gamecock 35, and only scored ten points.

Steve is real lucky.

Well, I did not quote him exactly but they were saying "Playing a game like this won't get it done against Georgia, or Tennessee" then May interjected with "It probably won't even get it done against Vanderbilt or Kentucky!" Then the crowd went off.

Gotcha... he may have his head screwed on right as well... the others were wearing red and black glasses... and last I checked, it is hard to see out of black glasses.

Originally posted by rwemyss@Sep 1, 2005 10:57 PM
That was because UCF got to the 2 and couldn't score on 4th down... however... SOS's offense is in big trouble if they run as poorly as they did tonight.
[snapback]134108[/snapback]​

My point! Pinned back, and cannot convert on UCF?

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Sep 1, 2005 4:25 PM
Just wait until SEC play starts.  Those South Carolina fans won't be making much noise.
[snapback]133943[/snapback]​

Milo nailed it. Ducks are window dressing. Nike kicks in and they get just enough good athletes each year to compete and then a miracle season every once in awhile. New Offense, they will be fine but the knock is their defense, particularly passing D.

I just wish there was someway that the Pac 10 could lose every game non conference game possible to shut up these West coast homers thinking they rival the SEC, come on NOW!!!!!!!!!

GO VOLS, excited to see it is on ESPN Game Plan for us non Jefferson Pilot people or whatever station is picking it up back there.

Flag will be flying on the front porch starting tomorrow.

USC didnt want to win to me in the second half.....they came out fired up and scored twice quick then they kind of fell asleep....i doubt UCF goes 0-11 this year

:hi:

The Olde Visor Coach got a wake up call last night. From my perspecitive his offense either quit in the second half or a much less talented team wore them down, or quite possibly just out-played them.

What I saw in the Gamecooks was a team wholely devoid of a running game. The Olde Visor Coach had his pass-happy offense able to move the ball, at least in the first half, but it had to do it in the air. If the Gamecooks are going to look respectable in SEC they will have to find some semblance of a running game.

Another thing that appeared to me was the lack of toughness and smash-mouth tackling. To survive their Eastern Division schedule the Olde Visor Coach is going to have to find some boys for the defense that a capable of or at least willing to "stick" ball carriers.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

SC will be a bad SEC team this year. If I were an SC fan I would be completely embarrassed in that effort against a team that has lost 16 in a row. That was a pathetic 2nd half by SC and some of the espn "experts" need to get off of SS's n*ts.

Its against UCF....granted O' Leary is a good coach, he doesnt have the personnel to hang with a Big Time school. the vol secondary and front d-line will shut down spurrier and his cocky offense...sorry...bad pun....

SS was going downhill when he left the NCAA... He was nothing in the NFL, and is still doing the same things that all the SEC coaches know him for now... He's toast... :yahoo:

Yeah, SC sure did stink it up. It couldn't have happened to better fans!!

This is good! :D

Originally posted by KYVolFan@Sep 2, 2005 5:59 AM
:hi:

The Olde Visor Coach got a wake up call last night.  From my perspecitive his offense either quit in the second half or a much less talented team wore them down, or quite possibly just out-played them.
[snapback]134273[/snapback]​

Spurrier said UCF played better that game. SOS didn't get a wakeup call, he knows damn well what his situation is. And anybody with half a brain knows that South Carolina is in for a long season. Even half the Gameday crew said South Carolina will get killed in SEC play.

I think USC was kirk herbstriets dark horse for the sec. just shows what he knows.

I was at the game . . . I'd say SC is in for a beat down next week in Athens. Their O-line looked awful trying to run the ball, that junk defensive front that they kept using was comical to watch, and their return game may have been as bad as I've ever seen.

The crowd went into shock in the 3rd quarter when they realized that it was no fluke that UCF was hanging with them.

....and by the way, that "electric" atmosphere that everybody talked about on TV was extremely overblown. There were hundreds of empty seats???

they didnt look so good from what i saw. Ducks thrown into coverage, bad run game. I hope nothing changes.

The cocks will be drilled next week in UGAville. I just wish we had them first. I would love to be the first SEC team to lay the wood to darth visor.

I want to know what the deal was with SC using all the goofy formations on defense and in punt formation. That was crazy looking. I can't believe that crap will work against ANY SEC team.

They want survive an SEC game unless they improve! A true freshman D-lineman for UCF was after him all night. I can only imagine their one dimension game with our D-Line and LBs. :mf_surrender:

Originally posted by Smokey_Vol@Sep 2, 2005 3:23 PM
They want survive an SEC game unless they improve! A true freshman D-lineman for UCF was after him all night. I can only imagine their one dimension game with our D-Line and LBs.  :mf_surrender:
[snapback]134433[/snapback]​

your right, and on top of that Old Georgie boy mads some real bone head calls for the UCF nights. Kicking a field goal to go down 11? Then the football gods give him another shot (muffed kick) and what does he do? Runs the ball as if he had another half? Darth Visor was very lucky to get this win. He will have a long year and I love it. :lolabove:

Come on Milo . . . They're not THAT bad. :D

I'd say it'll be more like 38-17. SC gets their fullback back for the game at UGA. It won't make much of a difference, but it will probably allow them to run the ball a little bit better (It couldn't be worse.)

Did anyone else hear that yahoo (Mark May?), scream out "TOUCHDOWN SPURRIER!!" when the Gamecocks scored?! My wife, (whose sum total knowledge of football may fill a thimble) happened to be sitting there and even she looked liked she wanted to throw up. I actually felt bad for Herbstriet for having to sit next to such a dolt.

VN Store

Back