Anybody recognize the Ref that hurt us the most?

Alamma Matthews..............I have wondered his name for a while..thanks for the info.
Does anyone know where he lives?????

Last I heard he owned burger joints in florida. Whatever the case, he's got an agenda. Thought Fulmer had his sorry butt banned from Neyland. He played tight end for vandie back in the 80s. Sorry then, sorry now.

Reactions: 1 person
What an idiot, The GA player had an hand on the ball, but no control, go back and watch the end of it, Neal walks away with the ball. the ball was between Neals legs. no one had control of it.

Exactly...the irrefutable rule came into play there....no question....several calls were blown quite frankly...and like others I'm not saying we win anyway...I was a little concerned that we kept trying runs laterally with our tailbacks....I just dont think we are quick enough nor can our OL stay on their blocks long enough to go E and W...seemed like most of our running yards came on drives and not delays are sweeps....I'm certainly not a OC but just my observations....and really KEY penalties kill three drives and two kept drives alive for GA (one on the first touchdown drive I think)... hopefully we are just young and inexperienced....

I almost want to think that the "3rd and 57" was an intentional thing by Richt to keep beating the clock down. The officiating was less than satisfactory, but we lost this team because of Dooley and company. I like Derek Dooley as a person, but he can't coach a lick of football.

ZR wasn't PI. Dude just couldn't turn while running without tripping over his feet.

The fact that a guy with a proven history of horrible calls concerning UT games was allowed to ref this game is unbelievable.

The PI calls that I am referring to does not include Zach. I didn't think that his was PI either.

There should be a rule that no SEC grad can ref in the SEC. Keep it simple.

Now that would be a great rule.

The calls Saturday were very one sided. It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to realize there *might* be a little bias on behalf of some of the refs.

Whining about the refs is a pointless argument. The refs didn't beat us. A better team beat us as bad as I hate that it happened, but it is a fact.
A team that doesn't have a modicum of a running game can't look anywhere but in the mirror to find out the cause of losses. We are absolutely miserable on the ground.
That being said, let's all get behind the team and support them as they face murder's row for the next three Saturdays.

I'm watching the replay and UT (Neal) fumbled with 5:34 left in the 1st. The replay clearly shows a fumble, recovered by UGA, and the commentators said that the refs got it wrong by giving UT the ball back. Anyone who says that the refs were biased is thinking one-sided.

All I saw was an Orange glove graspng the ball below Neal. I didn't see any eveidence that UGA possesed that ball after the fumble. Right call in my opinion.

I have no words for this kind of thinking. If UT had won, officiating would be a non-factor. I'll stick with my previous comment.

Friend, you're missing my point. lol.

Georgia is the better football team and, for Coach Richt's sake, I hope they go one to win the SEC East, this year.

However, it doesn't matter who is playing...when this particular officiating crew works a game, the officiating always seems to leave you scratching your head. Next time you are watching an SEC game and notice this crew on the field, pay attention to how inconsistent they are.

I don't know if they are incompetent, dishonest, or both...but there is defintely something wrong with them.

tennessee had the game all the way if it wasn't for the refs.

when you have 3rd and 57, you know the refs are out to get you

The interesting thing about that is they called 4 straight holding penalties in a row. Now, this was in the third qtr I believe, but what are chances that wasn't happening during the first few quarters? All of a sudden UGA decides to hold on every play? Riiight

The officiating was certainly questionable as were the phantom PI calls but like the OP stated, that's not what lost us the game. Poor execution and not being able to run the ball is what lost us the game.

tennessee had the game all the way if it wasn't for the refs.

when you have 3rd and 57, you know the refs are out to get you

Posted it at the time... those same holds and especially on the corner had been going on since UGA's first possession. I do not remember any other holding calls in the game. Without a leg whip that didn't get called, UGA's first drive stalls in their own territory.

Give UT first and goal at the 3 as it should have been after the first PI no call... and odds are that Bray gets them into the end zone.

The critical calls/missed calls went against UT every time. It may not have cost them the game in the end. It is unlikely that it was intentional (though that particular ref certainly isn't above suspicion)... but the fact is the tough calls didn't go UT's way.

I'm watching the replay and UT (Neal) fumbled with 5:34 left in the 1st. The replay clearly shows a fumble, recovered by UGA, and the commentators said that the refs got it wrong by giving UT the ball back. Anyone who says that the refs were biased is thinking one-sided.

Actually there was dual possession. Go back and look at it and you will see Neal had it pinned to his leg with his left hand and the UGA player had his arm around Neals leg but never had sole possession. They only showed Neals hand on the ball one time in the last replay but its there.

Let me say first that the refs did not cost us the game.
The first possession of the third qtr set the tone in my opinion and we laid an egg, again.
But, the ref that missed the two PI's against us, and made the two huge PI's for GA (the big tall old black guy), was none other than ole Alamma Matthews, the Vandy grad who hates UT, and who made the Gaffney "catch" call that allowed the Gators to steal one from us a decade ago. He hosed us in that game on several other calls and after that year Fulmer had the SEC take him off our games and he didnt call any of our games till the Punk took over, then the blackball was lifted. Dooley should see about reinstating it now.
This guy should never call one of our games, EVER.

I don't agree because logically speaking, we are not sure how the calls being called equally either way or if they had been called totally in UT's favor, would have changed the outcome from what it was, to what it would have become. The Big Mo is so fickle in the college game, say the two none calls against UT were called we would have had at least 10 more points, possibly, or if the two calls that went UGA's way they'd had possibly 8 to 14 points fewer, so playing the what if game on it the 20 - 12 outcome could've been 12 - 6 UT, 21-6 UT, 12-12 OT outcome. Further changing those calls Bray may or may not have been hurt. Point being if even one small thing was changed it could have had large impacts on other calls that were made, so I totally disagree being the retired analyst that I am.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

You really are clueless.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

I guess you know more than a veteran commentator. What do you do for a living? I'll choose to ignore the "idiot" thing.

Just cause you can watch a game and talk about it doesnt make you any more special than the rest of the 5 billion or so people that can do that.

And yes we did have GA down 3rd and 54, but to say those were make up calls would be a stretch. Those "make up" calls cost us 4 damn minutes on 2nd down.

I have sent an email in to a friend with some ties to the coaching staff. Not sure if it will do any good....but equally not as sure the current coaching staff has any knowledge of that POS Matthews.

Innitiative..that's what im talkin about!

They also blew the play dead with official clearly pointing to the ground gesturing the runner was down. At that point it is a dead ball; anything happening after that is irrelevant.

Exactly correct. All bets were off when the official ran in pointing "ball downed" and using a "stop the clock" signal. Clock stopped. Ball downed. Even after that, tie possession goes to the offense.

I have a hard time believing we have ssssssooooooo many people on here arguing righteously against (supposedly) their own team on every single disputed point-game, coaches, players and all. A reasonable person has to wonder about that.

VN Store

Back