Anybody Know What Joey Kent Is Up To?

I know his career with the Titans didn't work out. Is he still playing football or what? I'd like to catch him playing some time. He's my personal favorite Tennessee player ever.

Sorry I'm being so random, but: Does anybody else feel that Peyton got more credit than deserved in regards to those Alabama wins in 95 and 96? Jay Graham and Joey Kent were the studs in those wins. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong. Anyways, any info on Joey would be sweet.

Here's to a good signing day!

Attachments

• a_kent_joey_1996.jpg
    a_kent_joey_1996.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 2
Last i heard I think he was on the Vikings roster in 2000. I don't know what ever happened to him after that.

Originally posted by vol_freak@Feb 2, 2005 2:43 PM
Last i heard I think he was on the Vikings roster in 2000. I don't know what ever happened to him after that.

I'll bet anything he's still playing football somewhere. For some reason or another though, he didn't work out in the NFL. It's probably due to his size.

He had the surest hands I've ever seen though.

Things did not work out with the Vikings and he's working in Nashville now.... selling insurance... I think? But to answer your question regarding football... no he is no longer playing.

Other WRs.... Marcus Nash, Cory Fleming, and Andy McCullough play in Arena Football and Jermaine Copeland plays in the CFL. Just to note, Nash and Fleming won the top 2 offensive awards in the AFL last year and Copeland has led NFLEL, the XFL, and (in 2003) the CFL in receptions. McCullough was the World Bowl MVP a few seasons ago and has at least one 1000-yd season in the AFL.

Originally posted by allvol@Feb 2, 2005 4:00 PM
Things did not work out with the Vikings and he's working in Nashville now.... selling insurance... I think? But to answer your question regarding football... no he is no longer playing.

Other WRs.... Marcus Nash, Cory Fleming, and Andy McCullough play in Arena Football and Jermaine Copeland plays in the CFL. Just to note, Nash and Fleming won the top 2 offensive awards in the AFL last year and Copeland has led NFLEL, the XFL, and (in 2003) the CFL in receptions. McCullough was the World Bowl MVP a few seasons ago and has at least one 1000-yd season in the AFL.

As always, great stuff allvol. Thanks. :thumbsup:

VN Store

Back