Anybody go to the open practice today?

And if so, how did the teams look?
I was there. Really good to see some of the new guys. Vescovi looked great at SG, he is without a doubt the leader in this team. Super impressed with ZZ. He didn’t have the best shooting day but the offense ran much better with him in the game. Always looking to drive and dish and full energy. Wasn’t bad on defense either. He outplayed Chandler no doubt. Chandler is explosive but didn’t look great. Barnes was up his butt most of the game about not doing his job. BHH and O looked the best of the bigs. O has really gotten better and is way more aggressive on offense. 15 is going to be a player too. Reminds me of Keon, super athletic, good in D, not there yet on offense.

I was there. Really good to see some of the new guys. Vescovi looked great at SG, he is without a doubt the leader in this team. Super impressed with ZZ. He didn’t have the best shooting day but the offense ran much better with him in the game. Always looking to drive and dish and full energy. Wasn’t bad on defense either. He outplayed Chandler no doubt. Chandler is explosive but didn’t look great. Barnes was up his butt most of the game about not doing his job. BHH and O looked the best of the bigs. O has really gotten better and is way more aggressive on offense. 15 is going to be a player too. Reminds me of Keon, super athletic, good in D, not there yet on offense.
Could you provide a bit more context with the names of the players?

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
I really hope KC can take hard coaching bc CRB is not going to go easy on him and is going to expect a lot out of him. CRB has shown he's not afraid to put players in the dog house that aren't bought in. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vescovi starting out at pg if CRB isn't happy with the effort from KC and his ability to take care of the ball. My memory has been pretty bad lately but didn't he ease Springer in last year at pg?

Reactions: youcancallmeAl
I really hope KC can take hard coaching bc CRB is not going to go easy on him and is going to expect a lot out of him. CRB has shown he's not afraid to put players in the dog house that aren't bought in. I wouldn't be surprised to see Vescovi starting out at pg if CRB isn't happy with the effort from KC and his ability to take care of the ball. My memory has been pretty bad lately but didn't he ease Springer in last year at pg?

Yup, Keon and Springer didn't start until several games in

What have you heard that would make you think Chandler isn’t fully “bought in”? True freshman learning to play point guard in college under a coach who’s known to be demanding of his point guards. He’s talented and he’s getting coached up - sounds like a good situation to me

What have you heard that would make you think Chandler isn’t fully “bought in”? True freshman learning to play point guard in college under a coach who’s known to be demanding of his point guards. He’s talented and he’s getting coached up - sounds like a good situation to me
I haven't heard anything. I was just making a comment on how CRB is very demanding of his players, especially on the defensive of side. I think KC will do just fine.

I haven't heard anything. I was just making a comment on how CRB is very demanding of his players, especially on the defensive of side. I think KC will do just fine.
I hear what you’re saying but guys as talented as KC knew what kind of coach he was getting.
It’s the less talented guys that believe they can handle it that’s skin gets thin. Jmo

I completely agree. You couldn't even tell he was on the floor.
My uneducated concern from what BHH has said in articles is that he fancies himself a perimeter player. 6-10” guys don’t tend to be as effective when they don’t desire to battle in the paint

My uneducated concern from what BHH has said in articles is that he fancies himself a perimeter player. 6-10” guys don’t tend to be as effective when they don’t desire to battle in the paint
Barnes preaches rebounding early and often. It'll be interesting to see the first few weeks and how much he plays.

Reactions: walkenvol
He just didn't seem to be very aggressive or play with alot of energy.

VN Store

Back