Anybody get a number of how many flops there was last night?

Seemed like about 45 minutes to an hours worth. AND NOT JUST O M!!
I saw a TN player trying struggle off the field and Hip motion him to get down.
The announcers had a fix for this problem: if a players goes down, he must stay out for the whole series. That would stop a lot of the problem.

If a player has to come off the field, they should have to go to the locker room, and get cleared to return by doctors. When each team has around 100 players dressed to play, they will be able to have 11 guys out there throughout the game. I think that would stop the nonsense a whole lot faster.

I wonder how they call "the flop" and decide who is going down? On field call or from the sideline? Wish someone could catch the signal if it comes from the sideline.
the GA was giving the signals according to a fan that was at the game with decent seats

Reactions: BigOrangeMojo
Reminds me of Wayne Chism injuries.
I remember thinking his leg would need to be amputated on several occasions with his reactions, only to be back in the game 3 mins later looking fresh. :)

I was at the game and got 13 for OM and 8 for UT. Some of them were genuine; most were not.

After OM started doing it repeatedly, there was one instance when someone for Tennessee’s helmet had come off. While he was running to our sideline, Heupel was adamantly pointing at the ground and our player fell down on the field.

OM was “up” about 9 injury TOs to 4 at the time. Yes, both teams did it, but it was only when it became excessive that Heupel started playing the same game.

Edit: Saw someone else on another forum say it was 15 for OM. 4th quarter I was a little tipsy. Snuck bourbon in a mustard bottle…

Last edited:
Reactions: chuckb1448
I wanna say they were allowed to sub 50+ players during 30+ injury time outs . I could be wrong. Thought I read something . Also that game last forever.

What’s sad is the dumb ass experts on SEC network are only blaming alcohol for what happened. They are ignorant to the flops, taunting and pathetic refs!

What’s sad is the dumb ass experts on SEC network are only blaming alcohol for what happened. They are ignorant to the flops, taunting and pathetic refs!
Nothing justifies throwing debris on the field... but this strategy of faking injuries to slow the offensive pace down, needs to be addressed by a rules committee. I've never seen it done quite so obviously before.

Reactions: m1al
Nothing justifies throwing debris on the field... but this strategy of faking injuries to slow the offensive pace down, needs to be addressed by a rules committee. I've never seen it done quite so obviously before.
Agree but the “reporters” are not reporting the whole story. It’s CNN-SEC!

1 of their D players laid down rolled around for about a minute helped off and then play resumed and he dashed back out here next play. I thought to myself, the guy was acting like he was about dead one play ago LOL. Think it was #73.
Their CB #2 did the same thing a number of times. LB #44 too. They had designated guys

Is the training staff in on this? When they get out to “tend” to the clowns laying on the field, do they ask what’s wrong or do they just go through the motions?

Is the training staff in on this? When they get out to “tend” to the clowns laying on the field, do they ask what’s wrong or do they just go through the motions?
Depends on who is within listening distance...

Every coach has a rule that if you are hurt or have an equipment malfunction, you go down. Don't try to "tough it out" and get off the field and risk getting caught with 10 or 12 men on the field. That is what happened with our player. His helmet came off or broke and he was late getting off. They told him to drop to get his replacement on the field. EVERY coach/team does this. What Ole Miss did was downright shady. "Magic Cramps" that mysteriously appear between plays right as the offense is lining up are completely ridiculous. As a coach, I might have the patience for 1 of those a game. When your cornerback on the opposing sideline (different players even) "magically" catch these cramps multiple times, you have moved far past shady and gone full on d-baggery. There HAS to be a remedy to this in the off-season.

If a player has to come off the field, they should have to go to the locker room, and get cleared to return by doctors. When each team has around 100 players dressed to play, they will be able to have 11 guys out there throughout the game. I think that would stop the nonsense a whole lot faster.

Well sometimes a guy just gets the breath knockout of him and needs to recover, but does not need help or checking over to the extend you suggest. I still having to "stay out" for the remainder of the series is enough to slow or stop un-needed flops.

I was sitting in section A amongst the Ole Miss fans and a majority of them began groaning in the 4th quarter over the “injuries”. They weren’t cool with it either.

VN Store

Back