Anybody else already sick of

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
the new Blockbuster commercial about no more late fee's? Good grief I think they play that evry five minutes. :furious3:

I feel ya, there is something about that commercial that makes it seem like it is 5 minutes long too. I share your hatred for it.

Then I am sure as hell never going back to Blockbuster. They will never have anything in stock.

I think that the rule now is.....If you keep it more than 5 days, you buy the movie. Notice in the commercial, they say if you need another day or two thats fine with us. You should netflix anyway. Save some gas money.

Originally posted by milohimself@Jan 9, 2005 5:54 PM
Then I am sure as hell never going back to Blockbuster. They will never have anything in stock.

They used Chattanooga as a trial run over the past year. It ran quite smoothly.... ie no stock problems. They send one notification if a movie is late before they make you buy it.

there was also a problem of not all stores participating and charging late fees to people who weren't expecting to be charged in the Nashville area.

Be careful!!! Saw something on the news about this crap.

Here's a Nashville story I saw:

Nashville Blockbuster News

Seems dependent upon a lot of people being diligent with their movies in other cities. I guess it's a last-ditch effort to compete with satellite/cable PPV and online rentals. My suggestion: lower the cost. Why would I pay MORE for a movie that I have to drive to get? Oh, but you can watch it as many times as you want. Yep. That generally equals ONE for me. Are that many people just so bored that they want to rent a movie and watch it four or five times in 48 hours???

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Jan 10, 2005 12:57 PM
Are that many people just so bored that they want to rent a movie and watch it four or five times in 48 hours???

Only when I have The 3 amigos or The Jerk.....man, I could watch those 2 until the cows came home.

3a_022Tubman.jpg

:bow:

Just looking at that picture makes me laugh.......you can imagine what the movie does to me.

It is one of the greatest comedies of all time. I hold it's awesomeness in similar esteem to Airplane! and Naked Gun.

The commercial is ok and it is not played that much here in Alabama from what I have seen

Originally posted by Vols4life@Jan 11, 2005 12:52 AM
The commercial is ok and it is not played that much here in Alabama from what I have seen

I could imagine, most of the blockbusting that goes on in bama involves the football program......

They have TV's in Alabama? I thought they were outlawed. Last time I drove through, the police had apparently come through and made everyone throw all the picture tubes into their front yards. Some of them were even smashed and placed on top of the broken-down-cinder-block pick-ups as a reminder of the ban for passer-bys.

Similar acts have apparently been passed on washing machines, lawnmowers, and old dogs.

VN Store

Back