Any updates on Banks as DC?

fla orange

Hey! Guys! I've been looking and waiting, since Banks has been named DC for his selections for positions?? I've seen they brought In Rodney Gardner I believe for D-line? Rumors about Willie Martinez? I know Gardner was brought in before he was hired so assume Banks is Ok, with that. So any info would be greatly appreciated, also do you think he has been given autonomy in doing so! 😂 I'll hang up and listen!!

Hey! Guys! I've been looking and waiting, since Banks has been named DC for his selections for positions?? I've seen they brought In Rodney Gardner I believe for D-line? Rumors about Willie Martinez? I know Gardner was brought in before he was hired so assume Banks is Ok, with that. So any info would be greatly appreciated, also do you think he has been given autonomy in doing so! 😂 I'll hang up and listen!!
He may get to hire 1 coach but doubt it

Nothing against Banks or anyone else on the staff but the one person on this staff who deserves full autonomy based on career accomplishments (even he does not care or want it) is Rodney Gardner.

This might come as a surprise, but...

tenor.gif

Banks knew who he was getting before accepting the job. It's not like we stuck him with crappy staff. I think most any DC would be happy with the coaches he is getting.

I am interested in knowing the other positions, and if he fills them, or if we already have people lined up.

I think we all need to keep in mind that for Tennessee, this year was an extremely difficult year for hiring coaches. The coming sanctions, the disappearing players and the general turmoil that hasn’t settled down yet has made hiring tough. Let’s hope that the current group of coaches knocks it out of the park! But, if they don’t, upgrading a few coaches should be a little easier next year. One less year of sanctions and hopefully some stability showing up in the program.
Some patience will be necessary. Not something that the VolNation is known for. Quite honestly, we don’t have a choice.
GBO

Where have you been during all this?
Obviously not paying enough attention here! That's why I ask, I've gathered that those in and around are much more in the loop, than let's say me! Living in South West Florida, grapevine here only has Florida teams😂 There are days I really really hate it! Knowing stuff is going on but hear nothing! Guess I'm going to have to bite the bullet and get a 247 subscription

Reactions: CA_Vol
I think we all need to keep in mind that for Tennessee, this year was an extremely difficult year for hiring coaches. The coming sanctions, the disappearing players and the general turmoil that hasn’t settled down yet has made hiring tough. Let’s hope that the current group of coaches knocks it out of the park! But, if they don’t, upgrading a few coaches should be a little easier next year. One less year of sanctions and hopefully some stability showing up in the program.
Some patience will be necessary. Not something that the VolNation is known for. Quite honestly, we don’t have a choice.
GBO
Asking fans to be patient is hard considering we've been patiently waiting for 20 years

It feels like everything has gone silent, there have been no rumors or talk about who the last 2 coaches will be? any one "Heard" anything?

Banks is a definite at this point - news flash

but when will the rest of the defensive coaching staff be announced?

VN Store

Back