Any updates on A. Shipman playing this season

Ralph Weekly told us in the interview I posted in the Softball Preview thread that she was cleared to hit this fall, but is not fully cleared to catch yet, which was expected. Should be 100% ready by the time they start practice for real in January.
I think that she will not be doing any squatting to catch for a while longer from what I hear.

Reactions: RollerVol
Looking forward to her being the catcher again, when she can that is...If not, put her at first.

Looking forward to her being the catcher again, when she can that is...If not, put her at first.

Hmmm, I don’t know about putting her at first. Wouldn’t the occasional stretches be a little too risky?

Shipman, Webber, Seggern, Phillips and Malloy we might see this offense take a huge step up in production next season. Shipman can DH we have plenty of catchers.

Thanks for the update. Been wondering how her recovery was going. If she at least gets her hitting back to form they will put her in the lineup somewhere.

Reactions: sccshortstop
Ralph says she will be 100 percent by the time the season arrives. I don't know if i would ever want her to catch again considering the injury. I think she could DH or play the outfield a lot less stressful positions. Of course if she is 100 percent then we'll probably see her catching again.

Ralph says she will be 100 percent by the time the season arrives. I don't know if i would ever want her to catch again considering the injury. I think she could DH or play the outfield a lot less stressful positions. Of course if she is 100 percent then we'll probably see her catching again.
May be right but I expect her folks will make that decision and they will let Allie help them decide. She will have nearly a year of rehab and I expect to see her back there again. As in baseball softball needs to be strong up the middle and she will help that but short and second is a question mark. Who knows about center but Miloy will be in the field somewhere. We have got to play the ladies that can hit and give defense a little patience I think. If CS ends up at short then that will help but I really love her at 3rd base myself. It seems like every year in the last 10-12 I wonder who the heck is going to be out proven pitchers because we seem always have potential and not much else!

VN Store

Back