Any news on Jeremy Banks

I really don't understand the obsession with Banks. While I hope he is able to return, I don't see that his return (or not), is worthy of so much speculation. He's a fine football player but I really am not sure how much playing time he gets if he returns.
CJP who has coached, arguably, the best defenses in the history of college football, loved Banks and was thrilled to move him to defense even though they were woefully thin at RB at the time. He didn’t disappoint, showing a remarkable nose for the ball.

But I guess we should ignore that and go with your opinion.

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
As today is the first day of practice, thought maybe we'd hear some kind of news on Jeremy Banks. I know he's "expected" to be back on the team but who knows these days. Seems like it's time for some official announcement if he's going to be reinstated.
He's coming back. 2nd chance.

Reactions: AllVols
Terrible decision. Pruitt hates cops and Banks hits women. Great team we’re assembling here.

Not sure where you get the idea I am "against the kid". As I said, I hope he returns, and he did.
Must’ve misunderstood you. People interested in a positive outcome for the young man came across as “obsessed” with my interpretation...apologies.

Terrible decision. Pruitt hates cops and Banks hits women. Great team we’re assembling here.

Totally agree. I am very disappointed in Pruitt's win at all cost attitude. IF Banks is in fact back, I will only consider Tennessee as a Betting tool. F em as far as my fandom .

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
I'm for second chances. And before anyone says he can get a second chance somewhere else, I'm not accepting that argument.
And you are the reason why the NFL produces violent millionaire criminals. 30% of all arrests in the NFL are violent offenses. Do you realize how ridiculously large that number is? Especially considering they are millionaires. No other profession reaches even 1%(among people who are millionaires).

Lol, a lot of people don’t seem to realize that the kid had just lost the most important person in his life. Who basically raised him.

He is a kid and handled it badly. He is on the right track now. Bryce Thompson did way worse and he is starting.... lol and I doubt you cared that he did after he played so well during the season.
You obviously don't know me at all. Violent acts should warrant immediate dismissal. No second chance. Get rid of these role models criminals.

And you are the reason why the NFL produces violent millionaire criminals. 30% of all arrests in the NFL are violent offenses. Do you realize how ridiculously large that number is? Especially considering they are millionaires. No other profession reaches even 1%(among people who are millionaires).

Pretty sure I'm not. I rarely even watch the NFL. Plus there's this...

Study: NFL arrest rate lower than for all men 20-39
Aug 26, 2015 · A new study shows that the arrest rate for the general population was nearly twice as high compared to NFL

Their mind is made up, don't waste your time.
You're right. I saw the look on his face. I read the girls statement he was harassing. I saw the video. I'm not saying he can't change, just these top colleges need to have a zero tolerance attitude. I'm tired of seeing these violet people making millions just because they can run fast.

There's a current vol in the NFL that I know personally. I guarantee he has a domestic abuse charge in his future.

Last edited:
Pretty sure I'm not. I rarely even watch the NFL. Plus there's this...

Study: NFL arrest rate lower than for all men 20-39
Aug 26, 2015 · A new study shows that the arrest rate for the general population was nearly twice as high compared to NFL
Of course the arrest rate is going to be lower than the general population. Sports do have discipline, that's not the point at all.

Reactions: JohnWardForever
Glad he’s back. He will be useful on the inside. We need depth at ILB

Depth? In a season like this one you could be 5th on the depth chart and start the next 2 games. There is no such thing as depth anymore, will we have enough players to field a team is the new question? Everybody plays!

You obviously don't know me at all. Violent acts should warrant immediate dismissal. No second chance. Get rid of these role models criminals.
Don’t know you and don’t care about your impressive credentials. 😴

You're right. I saw the look on his face. I read the girls statement he was harassing. I saw the video. I'm not saying he can't change, just these top colleges need to have a zero tolerance attitude. I'm tired of seeing these violet people making millions just because they can run fast.

There's a current vol in the NFL that I know personally. I guarantee he has a domestic abuse charge in his future.
How do you guarantee something like that? Gotta know!

How do you guarantee something like that? Gotta know!
How does one say they personally know someone that is going to do something bad, while sitting on their high horse of opinion on what should happen to these people? If your morals are so upright, wouldn't you stray away from personally knowing a person that you KNOW is going to do something bad?

Reactions: butchna

Then keep that same energy when it comes to domestic violence in general. I'm sure the overwhelming majority of incidents go unreported. You can't, and shouldn't, make any guarantees about anything.

VN Store

Back