Any Nashville Vols, I need parking help.

SpeedyVOL

Coming from Huntsville with no parking pass. Where is the best downtown place to park that won't cost me a kidney? Probably getting in town around 9:30.

If you don't object to a heathy walk, there is a huge Baptist Church parking lot next to the Bridgestone Arena. Park there and you can write it off on your income tax as a church donation. I think it is $20, or whatever you feel like putting in the little box. Kinda an honor system.

If you need a walk rest, you can stop by the 2nd avenue Hooter's for a yummy lunch.

Do you know how to tell the difference between Methodist and Baptist at the Hooter's?

The Methodist will say 'Go Vols!'. The Baptist will look away.

If you don't object to a heathy walk, there is a huge Baptist Church parking lot next to the Bridgestone Arena. Park there and you can write it off on your income tax as a church donation. I think it is $20, or whatever you feel like putting in the little box. Kinda an honor system.

If you need a walk rest, you can stop by the 2nd avenue Hooter's for a yummy lunch.

Do you know how to tell the difference between Methodist and Baptist at the Hooter's?

I can attest that the Hooters, as well as most things on 2nd have been closed since the bombing.

St Ann’s Espiscopol. Church is about 2 blocks from east side of the stadium. Tailgating allowed. $30 dollars for Titans games. Much closer than downtown.

Reactions: SpeedyVOL
The Convention Center is a good place and not far from the pedestrian bridge to the Stadium. Or on Third Ave. just off of Broadway is one that is a bit closer to the bridge. If I'm not Ubering from my wife's work, that's the 2 go too's for me when I go downtown. Both are usually 20 bucks

Well fudge. That was a highlight of my Titan trips...which I obviously haven't made this year.
Yeah man, that was a Predators game day tradition for me, but I was last down there in May, and it doesn’t look good. I doubt Hooters will ever be back in that location.

Yeah man, that was a Predators game day tradition for me, but I was last down there in May, and it doesn’t look good. I doubt Hooters will ever be back in that location.

Yikes. Those poor girls are probably cold and in need of new homes. :)

Reactions: FLVOL_79
If you get there early enough, you can park ($25) on 1st Ave next to the pedestrian bridge. There are three lots there, and it puts you close to the stadium and all the restaurants in downtown. If you want to tailgate, park on the stadium side of the river, drive down South 1st Ave. and the parking lots line the right side of the road ($20).
ETA: If you are tailgating and drinking beer, the first lots on your right off South First have porta-johns, lots further down you can use the woods next to the train tracks.

The Convention Center is a good place and not far from the pedestrian bridge to the Stadium. Or on Third Ave. just off of Broadway is one that is a bit closer to the bridge. If I'm not Ubering from my wife's work, that's the 2 go too's for me when I go downtown. Both are usually 20 bucks

This^^^

Easy walk across the pedestrian bridge, nice overview of the river and fan gatherings in and out. Plus, you are 5 minutes from I 65 south from the parking lot, (assuming you head back and don't spend the night).

I have parked on the street going up third avenue before turning off of Broadway to the right facing the stadium. not a bad walk to the walking bridge

Coming from Huntsville with no parking pass. Where is the best downtown place to park that won't cost me a kidney? Probably getting in town around 9:30.
I65 North. Take the Church Street/Charlotte Avenue exit. Cross Church. Turn right on Charlotte. The downtown segment of Charlotte was renamed MLK so the signs may say either. Go straight up the hill. Turn left at the light on 10th. You will be in a state employee parking lot. Don’t park in a reserved space. This is your best shot at free parking on a weekday. If that doesn’t work, try the Nashville library lot, which you can enter on either side of the building (6th and 7th Avenues). The library garage is not free but usually has the best rates.

I always park near the 8th Ave, Lafayette St, KVB roundabout by the convention center. I like it because it’s a super easy in and out to get back to the highway without any nasty traffic backing up to get out. Several places to park and it’s a brisk walk to the pedestrian bridge with a watering hole or two on the way to break it up.

#GBO

Will be down there in a little bit.

Are people from Nashville better parkers than people from other places?

I'm not from Nashville but I can parallel park like a beast!

Reactions: VolunteerHillbilly
I can attest that the Hooters, as well as most things on 2nd have been closed since the bombing.
I think they closed before the bombing. I used to stop in Rocket Fizz every once in awhile during my lunchtime stroll and I am fairly certain that I remember seeing it shut down.

Best bet is pay to park on the interstate side around the stadium. Everything downtown is central parking and 1/2 day ridiculous rates and you can still get towed after a certain time.

Go to the courthouse. It is always reasonable. No more than $15 typically. Walk out and walk across the Woodland St bridge. This is a sure thing. Plenty of covered parking. I will send the location.

If you go toward Broadway/Music City Ctr and some of the other recommendations you'll be walking forever, paying more, out in the open, get stuck in traffic or parking are small lots and limited.

Municipal Courthouse
101 James Robertson Pkwy, Nashville, TN 37201

Last edited:
Are people from Nashville better parkers than people from other places?

I'm not from Nashville but I can parallel park like a beast!

No. Nashville parkers are tuuuuurrible.

Also, watch out for the hustlers. Before a Titans game, I pulled into a Central parking lot marked $15. A guy helped direct me into a spot. He had a whole wad of money in his hand. I gave him a $20 and he handed me back a $5. And, then politely thanked me for parking there.

Then the lady from the Central Parking garage across the street came running out and he took off. Turns out he didn't work there. :(

But, she didn't charge me a second time.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back