Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Add the Spurs to the list of teams who seemingly do not want to play in the next Champions League.

We looked like we had absolutely no interest in winning that game. Even after we went down a goal. It's a mystery to me why the 4 teams competing for 3rd and 4th keep dropping points to inferior teams.

And why are we still playing Llorente? Much less subbing him for Moura. He's absolutely useless on anything except set pieces. Fernando looks like he's in slow motion out there. I know we're thin because of injuries but still...

If we play like that against Ajax, we'll get waxed by 3 or 4 goals.

Last edited:
My HS buddy played on the inaugural JC soccer team at Iowa Western and shortly thereafter, became the coach. He just resigned and the local news did a piece on him. He accrued a 171-27-14 record and won a national championship. Not bad for a program that didn't exist 20 years ago.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha. Tottenham down to 10 men after that dumbass Son gets a straight red

Never seen Son act like that. The 19 year old making his pro debut in goal for Bournemouth is having a hell of a game.

Two halftime subs due to yellow cards and Foyth gets a straight red two minutes after entering the game. Somehow get a draw and I will be happy.

Didn't think that Foyth deserved a straight red considering it was his first action on the ball of the game. A yellow and harsh warning would have been more fair considering we were already playing with 10. Still surprised Son did what he did. He has to remember teams like Bournemouth are going to do everything they can to get under your skin.

If we'd just put any of the 4 or 5 great chances away before the red cards, it's a different ball game.

Either way, a win against Everton at home clinches top 4. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially considering the other 3 teams keep pulling the same nonsense as us by dropping points to inferior competition.

Didn't think that Foyth deserved a straight red considering it was his first action on the ball of the game. A yellow and harsh warning would have been more fair considering we were already playing with 10. Still surprised Son did what he did. He has to remember teams like Bournemouth are going to do everything they can to get under your skin.

If we'd just put any of the 4 or 5 great chances away before the red cards, it's a different ball game.

Either way, a win against Everton at home clinches top 4. Shouldn't be too much of an issue, especially considering the other 3 teams keep pulling the same nonsense as us by dropping points to inferior competition.
Disagree. He lost control of the ball and slid in with his studs up way high. That's a straight red every time

Yeah, they had plenty of chances early, but I think that was a straight red, he went in high.

Disagree. He lost control of the ball and slid in with his studs up way high. That's a straight red every time

Nah, I played for years and that's a yellow with a warning that insinuates the next rough tackle gets you sent off. Giving a straight red to a guy that just stepped on the pitch has to be absolutely egregious. It was high with studs open and a horrendous tackle, but a second red to the same team has to be beyond reckless. It was a tough break.

Either way if Spurs score on any one of the early chances (of which 2 were ones you would expect them to score), it's a moot point.

Yeah, they had plenty of chances early, but I think that was a straight red, he went in high.
If he had been on the field for a while and the ref hadn't already shown a red, then yes. But not to a guy that just stepped on the pitch and a team already playing with 10 men.

The same way a foul inside the box is different than a foul outside the box. Or how that foul against Purdue in the Sweet 16 was technically a foul but most refs wouldn't call it in that situation because of extenuating circumstances. In that moment, it shouldn't have been enough contact for them to step in and decide the game.

Either way, don't take it as disrespect that I disagree with you two. I'd say more than 50 percent of football fans would agree with you. But to me, he clipped his knee with his studs instead of smashing into his groin with them. With us already down to 10 and him being fresh on the pitch, I thought he deserved a break. Calls like that always have some opinionated interpretation behind them. It's the nature of the game.

Beat Everton, and it doesn't matter anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalVol67
@n_huffhines, don't forget to set your alarm today.

My little brother is a Liverpool fan. I can guarantee you he doesn't plan on taping this one. They'll need a miracle. Not that they played bad in the first leg, just that Messi is Messi and Salah hit the post. Also, their injuries will hurt (welcome to Tottenham's world), so I doubt they'll put up much of a fight. Although, Barca has a tendency to get overconfident. A couple early goals could make things interesting. But if Barca scores, it's over. Liverpool aren't scoring 5.

Not that Tottenham is too far off from their predicament. The way we've been playing, I'd be surprised if we drew tomorrow. Who knows? Maybe we'll find a backbone for once and play like we've got nothing to lose. One can only dream.

VN Store

Back