Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

Why can't Manchester United regain their former glory? They dominated the period of time immediately following the creation of the Premier League, and then had another run before Fergie retired, but they seem to be a mess organizationally since then.

There has been some talk of him "plateauing" this season. Haven't watched any of him this year to know if that is accurate though.

For the money Chelsea is paying for him, they evidently must absolutely see him as a starter and big contributor. They aren't paying 64m EUR for a project or a guy who might be good.

Has an American ever been a key piece for a top flight European club before - i.e., been a key piece during a big club's championship run? I'd love to see it, and the USMNT needs about 7 more players of his quality at different positions.

There has been some talk of him "plateauing" this season. Haven't watched any of him this year to know if that is accurate though.

For the money Chelsea is paying for him, they evidently must absolutely see him as a starter and big contributor. They aren't paying 64m EUR for a project or a guy who might be good.

Has an American ever been a key piece for a top flight European club before - i.e., been a key piece during a big club's championship run? I'd love to see it, and the USMNT needs about 7 more players of his quality at different positions.

He was playing great, and then he got banged up and his replacement was doing great and the rest of the team was playing better. When Pulisic was in, he kept saving them at the end of games and when he didn't play, they didn't need saving because they were scoring 3 or 4 goals a game. They were planning on dealing him before the season, so if that's the plan, why play him a bunch and risk injuring him? That's the way I saw it.

Reactions: MAD

They will make 64m EUR multiple times over with just memorabilia sold in the US alone. He may or may not be worth that much on the pitch but he will pay off for the Club.

Reactions: 05_never_again
They will make 64m EUR multiple times over with just memorabilia sold in the US alone. He may or may not be worth that much on the pitch but he will pay off for the Club.
That's a good point. Also thinking a lot of American fans will make Chelsea "their team" too. Even if you're already a fan of another EPL team, it is going to be hard as an American to hate Chelsea with the Golden Boy playing for them.

That's a good point. Also thinking a lot of American fans will make Chelsea "their team" too. Even if you're already a fan of another EPL team, it is going to be hard as an American to hate Chelsea with the Golden Boy playing for them.

This is why I am glad he did not end up at Man U. I would hate them no matter who played for them.

Nope. I will still hate Chelsea with a passion. I probably hate them more than anyone else.

I won’t have any problem hating Chelsea, I’ll cheer for him when he plays for Team USA.

VN Store

Back