Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

NickZ4UT

I can't be the only footy fan in the forum. Post your squad and how you things shape out this season. What do you think the lineup will be, how was their transfer business? Just whatever you want to talk about if there's interest. I suppose I should start.

Liverpool FC:

Klopp brought in a whole host of newcomers since January. VVD has already proven himself a game changer and with Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri and Alisson joining this summer, we may have a good chance at challenging City for a league title. Hard to say how Klopp will select the team but here's how I think it will flesh out; Alisson in goal, Robertson, VVD, Gomez, Clyne/Alexander-Arnold at the back. In the middle it will likely be Kieta, Fabinho and either Milner or Shaqiri and the front three pick themselves Mane, Firmino and Salah. Should be a good season, hoping for big things, any silverware would be fantastic.

Arsenal fan here. Will be happy if get a top 4 finish this year.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Looks like the season starts tomorrow

ManU vs Leicester City @ 3 on NBCSN

I can't be the only footy fan in the forum. Post your squad and how you things shape out this season. What do you think the lineup will be, how was their transfer business? Just whatever you want to talk about if there's interest. I suppose I should start.

Liverpool FC:

Klopp brought in a whole host of newcomers since January. VVD has already proven himself a game changer and with Fabinho, Keita, Shaqiri and Alisson joining this summer, we may have a good chance at challenging City for a league title. Hard to say how Klopp will select the team but here's how I think it will flesh out; Alisson in goal, Robertson, VVD, Gomez, Clyne/Alexander-Arnold at the back. In the middle it will likely be Kieta, Fabinho and either Milner or Shaqiri and the front three pick themselves Mane, Firmino and Salah. Should be a good season, hoping for big things, any silverware would be fantastic.
It's fascinating to me that Liverpool has never won the EPL, but has had a lot of success in Europe. They were dominant in the old First Division right up until the EPL was created, then it's like Man United just took over.

Man United is a storied club, but it's amazing how much of that history has been in the EPL era alone. They've won 20 domestic league titles in their history, 13 of them after 1992.

It's fascinating to me that Liverpool has never won the EPL, but has had a lot of success in Europe. They were dominant in the old First Division right up until the EPL was created, then it's like Man United just took over.

Man United is a storied club, but it's amazing how much of that history has been in the EPL era alone. They've won 20 domestic league titles in their history, 13 of them after 1992.
I've decided to adopt Liverpool as my Premier League team. I've never really had a favorite team before, but usually just followed certain players. Right now, Gareth Bale is my favorite player and has been since Wales' 2016 Euro run. But there is no way I'm jumping on the Real Madrid bandwagon. Yes, I know Real Madrid is not in the Premier League.

So my first season as a Liverpool fan begins tomorrow morning at 8:30 est. Didn't Liverpool hire the Netherlands national team's manager a few years back? I think he may be gone already, tho, right ? I was a big fan of the Dutch in the 2014 and 2008 World Cups, loved their style of play

Reactions: Pruitt Will Do It
Arsenal vs Man City tomorrow after the Liverpool game

Should be 2 pretty good games

Sunderland fan unfortunately. Have a long way to go to get back to the Premiere League. Haway the Lads!!

Well, I set my alarm for 8:30, so I could watch the Liverpool game, but I ended up staying up to 5 am watching "The Last Jedi" and said eff getting up. Although, I did watch the highlights and Liverpool looked damn good in getting the 4-0 win.

BGS, if u want to watch an attacking, exciting brand of soccer, come on over to the Liverpool side

Well, I set my alarm for 8:30, so I could watch the Liverpool game, but I ended up staying up to 5 am watching "The Last Jedi" and said eff getting up. Although, I did watch the highlights and Liverpool looked damn good in getting the 4-0 win.

BGS, if u want to watch an attacking, exciting brand of soccer, come on over to the Liverpool side
I feel like I cant switch sides now.

I wish I picked a different team. Arsenal is boring
Arsenal is like the Georgia Bulldogs of European soccer. Every single year they look fabulous on paper, talent everywhere, they have tradition and passionate fans with high expectations, etc., and once in a blue moon they have a season that gets full use out of the talent, but 95% of the time they underachieve.

This past offseason they just did the equivalent of firing their Mark Richt (Wenger), so who knows, if the pattern follows they'll have a big year...next year.

Ferguson made it a point to be aggressive in his tenure. LFC at the same time went through some poor management and ownership. Despite winning the Europa League and going to the UCL final 3 times(winning 1) the team was nearly bankrupt in 10/11. Thankfully FSG acquired the team shortly after and despite some growing pains and a near miss on a league title, they've got us positioned as one of the premier clubs in Europe with Klopp at the helm. The net spend folks would have you believe they've done nothing as owners but you need only look at the Anfield expansion and the signings in the past 18 months to know they are serious about winning. Whether we win the EPL this year remains to be seen but I am very happy with where the club is.

Arsenal fan here. Will be happy if get a top 4 finish this year.

Got a long road to go, but you have the talent. Question is if Emery is a better manager than Wenger, one game against the defending champs doesn't break the season but you gotta get results against those bottom 10 clubs.

I've decided to adopt Liverpool as my Premier League team. I've never really had a favorite team before, but usually just followed certain players. Right now, Gareth Bale is my favorite player and has been since Wales' 2016 Euro run. But there is no way I'm jumping on the Real Madrid bandwagon. Yes, I know Real Madrid is not in the Premier League.

Oh I figured any team is worth talking about since there probably isn't an over abundance of footy fans on this forum. That said, we are an exciting side to watch.

Reactions: The Dog

I watched most of the match. Keita is going to be gangbusters this season and once Fabinho gets in to the squad the way Klopp wants, our midfield might be one of the top 3 best midfields in the EPL.

Reactions: The Dog

VN Store

Back