Premiere League & World Soccer Thread

That tap in by Eddie at the end must have been heartbreaking for Fulham.
Laca getting an injury is a huge blow for our chances in the Europa League.

Sources: 15 clubs in $6bn Super League talks

Judging by Twitter, I might be the only person excited by the prospect of this twenty-team "super league." I don't really have a horse in the race since I like the sport more so than I do any particular club, and the notion of a league comprised solely of the big dogs sounds promising to me, but if they did something like this in collegiate athletics and Tennessee wasn't included I would be beyond irate so I get where fans of more pedestrian EPL clubs are coming from.

Reactions: DocVOLiday

Judging by Twitter, I might be the only person excited by the prospect of this twenty-team "super league." I don't really have a horse in the race since I like the sport more so than I do any particular club, and the notion of a league comprised solely of the big dogs sounds promising to me, but if they did something like this in collegiate athletics and Tennessee wasn't included I would be beyond irate so I get where fans of more pedestrian EPL clubs are coming from.
The team I support would be part of it and I’m still 100% against it.

Reactions: zeppelin128

In a joint statement, UEFA, the English FA, the Italian FA, the Spanish FA, the Premier League, La Liga and Serie A have announced that the 12 clubs involved in the Super League will be banned from domestic league action if they pursue their project...
5AF65DF9-3892-4043-9681-FEFB44846367.png

I’m a Chelsea fan, and am upset about the idea of it still. Hope UEFA, FA, and World Cup stay banded together to stop it.

Reactions: zeppelin128 and MAD

But would you not also be irate if Tennessee permanently stopped playing all of our traditional SEC rivals because of a blatant cash grab?

This is well said by Gary Neville, and almost exactly sums up my thoughts. If the six English clubs don’t walk this back quickly (and I kind of think they will given the near-universal condemnation) I hope the FA takes action to at least dock them points this season if not far harsher penalties.

Reactions: zeppelin128 and MAD
Also, lol at Spurs being allowed to “graduate” to a European Super League when they haven’t even won their current league in 60 years.

American owners are Fu@king up European football.
Arsenal, United, Liverpool all with American owners are behind this.
Trying to turn it into a NFL type league.
I am so upset.

American owners are Fu@king up European football.
Arsenal, United, Liverpool all with American owners are behind this.
Trying to turn it into a NFL type league.
I am so upset.
I had the exact same thought. These guys are accustomed to a competitive model that rewards failure by allowing the worst teams to restock each year with the best young talent. Very different from the sink or swim model in Europe.

Reactions: MAD

VN Store

Back