Any big surprises coming?

Just enjoy the seasons. They go by so so fast. Recruiting meant very little until recruiting services came along to make money.

Reactions: sameolvol
Maybe the turmoil at Georgia with the offense and Sam Pittman leaving for HC at Arky will sway some top recruits our way!

Reactions: Remy
Well the reality is our class is 8th in the sec and our player average lower than Kentucky and South Carolina. We are missing on in state kids at positions of need. Recruiting will have to be better. For someone who cares so little about recruiting rankings, you sure seem easily bothered by people discussing it.
The reality actually is the early nor late signing day have come to pass. Once they pass and the dust settles it is time to critique the success or lack thereof. I will personally reserve judgment till we have proof one way or another. To say either way right now is pointless IMO. No one knows what is going on right now.

Reactions: trion23
Let's be honest, recruiting has been rather quiet and flat besides the linebacker trio. Does Pruitt have some quiet commits that are waiting to make a scene on signing day? We know hes a excellent recruiter and the on field success should be helping sway the minds of recruits. With the early signing period coming up soon, who thinks they're will be some big names choose the good guys on signing day that people wont be expecting? I'm seriously hoping for a top 10 class to keep the momentum going!
GBO!
I am telling you right now. I would offer Tosh Lupoi from Cleveland Browns. He was Alabama's top recruiter when he was there. I think he is in his 2nd year in Cleveland.

Well the reality is our class is 8th in the sec and our player average lower than Kentucky and South Carolina. We are missing on in state kids at positions of need. Recruiting will have to be better. For someone who cares so little about recruiting rankings, you sure seem easily bothered by people discussing it.
Do you care to post the per player averages of the 3 teams you are referring to?

Just enjoy the seasons. They go by so so fast. Recruiting meant very little until recruiting services came along to make money.
Said this for years, I do not care what anyone says about any prospect... Development is the only thing matters, nothing about this has changed or will ever change.

There’s to many examples of 5 star busts and 3 star superstars, just get the kids we want and go from there.

Maybe the turmoil at Georgia with the offense and Sam Pittman leaving for HC at Arky will sway some top recruits our way!

Flips to come by way of Pittman leaving, has to be. He was one of their best recruiters.

On 247 our recruit average is below Kentucky, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, LSU , Texas a&m, and Auburn just in the sec.
Our average is being dragged down because we have to sign a LS.

Actually he was. West coast guy coming to a terrible UT team that lost last 3 to close the season. Strong prediction to Bama and UW. It was quite a pleasant surprise...
I wholeheartedly agree, 99! A true surprise to me would be this staff NOT pulling off one or a couple of recruiting "booms" and maybe an unexpected flip our way, too. Also, these coaches...being bona fide player developers...don't use star ratings for evaluating who's best suited for this team's needs. I'm feeling optimistic. How 'bout y'all?

He was surprisingly good, but I wouldn't say landing him was some huge surprise splash.
Considering people had him going to Bama, and he very well may have if Lupoi hadn't taken an NFL job, I'd say landing him was a splash, and his play this year supports that.

Reactions: 99Vol

VN Store

Back