Another streak will come to an end Saturday...

If it makes you feel any better OP I forgot we were even playing last week and had to watch my recording after.

You’ll get numb to it. I suggest woodworking and listening to it in the background behind a bandsaw.

My 9 year old daughter after the Georgia State game last year said "Dad, doesn't this happen to your team every year?". Made me laugh but at the same time I thought she's right. Why do I keep caring? I'll watch as much as I can stomach Saturday and then do something fun with my family and not think about it again.

My 9 year old daughter after the Georgia State game last year said "Dad, doesn't this happen to your team every year?". Made me laugh but at the same time I thought she's right. Why do I keep caring? I'll watch as much as I can stomach Saturday and then do something fun with my family and not think about it again.

Better get your shoes on as soon as the coin hits the grass.

Reactions: VonVol2
Is it bad that I don't get as angry as I used to watching the games?...I used to get insanely mad when they played horrible but now I just sit here...No emotion, just waiting for the screw up that we all know is coming...I still get mad but I think i am getting used to them losing now that it doesn't effect me as much anymore...I expect it and if they win its like a bonus....Dammit man

I think the numbness started to take effect with the fiasco in which nickie got his first win against the Vols, well before his arrival in his crimson-tinted fiefdom.. It fell a bit in fulmer's last year and dropped further with orange pants and his disaster against mizzou eight years ago. A final burst of anger showed itself with the butch boomer sooner botch. And after last Saturday, without uttering an ill word at the start of of the turnover string, I realized (ecuse me Pink Floyd) I was totally numb.

I'm afraid, however, that I'll be seeing the game with loved ones and several alabama fans.

I praying i'll be alive to watch the vols again, hopefully in better days.

i

Reactions: VOLnMiami
54d.jpg
Seriously. It’s not like we all aren’t already suffering. Suck it up and watch the damn game

Reactions: Behr
I can’t blame the OP but the older I get the more I realize how few UT games I get to watch during a lifetime. I’ll never miss one no matter how bad it gets. Plus I always think we have a chance. I know it’s not a rational way to approach it but I can’t help myself. Go Vols!

For the first time in over 20 years I will not watch one play of this football game. I'm done watching games where the outcome is known before the ball is snapped..

Enjoy your Saturday! For the past few years, I've been DVR'ing all the games and checking the final score before I watch. If it's a loss, then I just delete it without watching. It's better for my blood pressure.

I'm probably not going to watch either. Too much to do around the farm and the outcome have been decided before the game. I'm regroup and watch the Arkansas game. I'm interested to see how we respond, I think by the time that game is over we'll know what future holds for this program.

This is exactly why CBS waited so long to announce that the UT Georgia and UT Bama games would be on their network. They were so hesitant because you never know WTF Tennessee will do to ruin your broadcast and turn it into an uninteresting game.

I bet they are kicking themselves now and saying NEVER AGAIN!
Wait a minute...everything makes sense now.....Pruitt is keeping JG in the game so we'll be bad enough to not be on CBS anymore. No more Gary Danielson. He's doing this for us!

Hell, that's almost worth it.

For the first time in over 20 years I will not watch one play of this football game. I'm done watching games where the outcome is known before the ball is snapped. I am also done watching this program go into its 5th death spiral in 12 years. It's inconceivable to me that this team is no better and maybe worse than the team that lost to Georgia State last year. I'm not ready to get rid of Pruitt yet, but I'm also not going to witness another embarrassing nationally televised debacle. If UT by some miracle wins I can always go back and watch one of the hundreds of rebroadcasts they will have. I won't watch the team fall completely apart again. I'm done until it changes.

When I see a team with players that exhibits lack of effort on the football field, I get angry, because there are many kids who would give anything and everything to Play SEC football
Players with lack of effort should never see the field

Reactions: Vol524
I can’t blame the OP but the older I get the more I realize how few UT games I get to watch during a lifetime. I’ll never miss one no matter how bad it gets. Plus I always think we have a chance. I know it’s not a rational way to approach it but I can’t help myself. Go Vols!

There's a whole legion of us loyal Vol fans that feels the same way!

Reactions: BigOrangeTailgate
The good Lord was looking down on me last Saturday. I played in a golf tournament during the UK game. I set my DVR to record the game and didn't check the score from my phone. Got home to realize that AT&T U Verse was out, so the DVR did not record the game. I then looked at my phone to check the final score. I'm so glad I didn't get to see a second of that hot garbage. It made my Saturday much more pleasant.

Watching this game is like watching your 10 year old getting beat-up by a 15 year old bully while someone holds a gun on you to stop you from interfering . It is masochistic , period.

I've missed a lot of UT football during the years for other people. This year I decided I wasn't going to because I've loved UT football since I was a kid listening to games with my dad. I wanted to attend games then Covid happened. At one point I didn't think we would have a season, and it could end tomorrow. I'm going to watch because I love the team and the players. The way I look at it. If Henry T walked up to me and said.. "hey, you gonna watch me play Saturday?" what would my answer be? Hell yes.. Not... "nah man.. I'm to worried y'all gonna lose so I'm giving up.." No sir.. I'm going to watch because I love the players that give their all for UT.. I'll be watching proudly. GoVols!

VN Store

Back