Another silly quote from Lee Corso

molsen81

Chris Leak is 2nd behind Troy Smith for the Heisman after his performance against UT. That's it! Come to Knoxville anytime Mr. Corso. You will be mandhandled!

Yeah that classic interception he threw and the other one that was called back....good Heisman footage...

I still don't see how Smith is the front-runner. The only decent team they have played is Texas. Booty at USC has been more impressive if you ask me.

No need to worry about manhandling Lee Corso. The next time Gameday is in Knoxville Mr Corso will be 5 years into his retirement.

Corso needs to develop a better sense of humor, then everyone won't know when he is serious and when he is joking.

I think Mike Hart threw his name in the ring today. Either him or Henne. Also notice how many rushing yards ND had today...4.

I screamed at the TV on that one. The guy just doesn't want to get hit, plain and simple.

I know...I frequently try to defend him, but that is just freaking inexcusable. Come on, when you're 1 yard away from a first on a potential game winning drive. :ermm:

He knows better than that.

I wouldn't necessarily say he's a frontrunner for the Heisman now, but he is slowly creeping up there. He still hasn't had a real amazing, Heisman worthy performance as of yet...

I suppose he'll get some mention, but I haven't seen anything that putsd him in contention for that award. Quinn's out, I guess. Every time I looked up at the TV he was finding another wide open guy -- for Michigan.

Henne is probably doing the heisman pose in the mirror with 2 blondes waiting in his bed this very moment.

If Ohio State goes undefeated, and Smith thrashes Michigan again, it won't matter what anyone else does.

Although I'll throw the running back from West Virginia, Slaton, into the mix.

Florida's line play should be in second place for the Heisman. Leak played a decent game but I don't think he played THAT well.

Leak is a classic underachiever that's unwilling to sacrifice for the sake of the team. going back to his recruiting thing for espn, it's always been about chris leak first and team second

Leak has all the tools to be an elite QB. If you give him time he will pick you apart but if you get in his face a few times he doesn't like it and will make mistakes. You seen that last night in the first half. But in the second half our defense just couldn't get any pressure on him. They were on the field to much and just got tired. I agree, Leak has underacheived in his time at Fl. But what does it really matter to us now. We are through facing the guy. I just hope four years from now we are talking about how Tim Teabow underacheived.

Look at it from my viewpoint: We were playing you guys, after all. Sheesh! Give yourselves some credit. An excellent Vol football team, at home. Who wouldn't make mistakes? Who wouldn't have lapses?

Heisman? That's decided at the end of the year, and anything can happen between now and then.

Look at it from my viewpoint: We were playing you guys, after all. Sheesh! Give yourselves some credit. An excellent Vol football team, at home. Who wouldn't make mistakes? Who wouldn't have lapses?

Heisman? That's decided at the end of the year, and anything can happen between now and then.

Overall, I think Leak played well. Just didn't think his play inspired Heisman consideration. I'd say Leak, Ainge, Cox, Russell are all good QB's but none of them are real Heisman candidates.

Take what Corso says with a grain of salt. A lot of the time he's just stirring the pot. They try to spice it up for TV ratings. For example today he mentioned that Cal was the last team to beat USC in the PAC TEN and they might just get em, but he was smiling like a possum when he said it. You could tell he really didn't mean it. I did see in a magazine last year that he rated Neyland the best setting in all of college football. "Sat. night on Rocky Top, can't get in better than that."

VN Store

Back