Another reason why recruiting points don't mean anything....

hvwarrior58

VN GURU
Check UT's total points. Before adding William Brimfield(#35 DT, 3 star, fast rising) we had 2300 total points. After him.....2306 points. That is a joke and big enough that Brent Hubbs has contacted them for an explanation but is only getting a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo.

Not entirely unlike the computer polls that supposedly don't rely on any human bias whatsoever, huh? I wonder what Pope's ranking would have been had he signed with USC?

I would like to know how Rivals' calculations are done though.

yeah the same thing happened when Alonzo Winfield left us to go to S. Carolina. We gained like 50 recruiting points for losing a player. I guess it was because he was a low 3 star and it made our average of 3.3 stars a commit go up to about 3.35. The same with Brimfield. if he was a 4 star he would have made us go up a lot more.

Check UT's total points. Before adding William Brimfield(#35 DT, 3 star, fast rising) we had 2300 total points. After him.....2306 points. That is a joke and big enough that Brent Hubbs has contacted them for an explanation but is only getting a bunch of scientific mumbo jumbo.
:) Haha, I saw that too. This kids a big time sleeper who we were fortunate to land. Only getting 6 points for him seems a lot less important than actually getting him.:thumbsup:

I was wondering aboiut thier ranking system as well. Our five star guys are 6.1's and up. But we have 2 or three guys that are 6.0 and 5.9. So what constitutes .1 ? Is his jock size a little smaller that the dude above him or something? :dance2:

Looking at Rivals rankings, he is not a top 100 player nor a top 250 player where you get the most points nor is he in the top 20 for his position so in that respect he doesn't give much to a point total and that is nothing new with Rivals.

Rivals by the way is light years ahead of Scout when it comes to football.

If you can get a kid that big that performed well against the speed and physicality of HS football in SC... take him and grin if Rivals doesn't even have a profile for him.

guys... if we took a commitment from this kid and we're not even letting some guys commit because of lack of space he must be pretty darn good

ALSO- What kind of player is Savion Frazier?

VN Store

Back