Another Butch Jones Quote - Shaking My Head

I have no idea why y'all really let it bother you this bad. At this point, the thread after thread after thread is more fuel for other forums more than what he's actually saying.

Long season left, at this rate Freaks server is going to need more space.

Bother? Not at all.
It's to the point where it's more comical than a worry.
The specific irony in his statement caught a chuckle considering.

Much appreciated. Thanks

It's one thing to question his coaching skills, but lets stop with the name calling dude.

Really. It's fine if posters want to call him a terrible coach, but my God, you would think that he shot their dog or slept with their wife. It doesn't have to be personal

Reactions: 1 person
I have no idea why y'all really let it bother you this bad. At this point, the thread after thread after thread is more fuel for other forums more than what he's actually saying.

Long season left, at this rate Freaks server is going to need more space.

Butch said Coke tastes better than Pepsi. Fahr Butch!!!

Can someone please explain to me how this is incorrect? He said "some" of the best in the last 20 years not THE best. In the last 20 years, NOT including the last two, we have won more than 9 games a whopping FIVE times. He is right. By win/loss record the last two seasons are tied at 6th ranked in wins in the last two decades.... Not to mention 3 bowl wins in a row... and finished the year nationally ranked both years...

Last edited:
Bother? Not at all.

Much appreciated. Thanks

The thread after thread is more comical than anything Butch is saying. If Y'all need a midol and a glass of wine so be it but lets get it together folks.

It's one thing to question his coaching skills, but lets stop with the name calling dude.

Did you play the moral outrage card when Jones got caught on camera last season cursing the fans?

What I said was pretty tame by comparison.

I'll gladly cede the moral high ground to you as soon as Jones stops lobbing out the asinine quotes. At this point he seems incapable of that however.

Did you play the moral outrage card when Jones got caught on camera last season cursing the fans?

I'll gladly cede the moral high ground to you as soon as Jones stops lobbing out the asinine quotes. At this point he seems incapable of that however.

1321 is the last person who should attempt occupying the high ground on name-calling. I guess it's different since he's taking up for the Head Coach....other posters don't get the same courtesy.

If I had a dollar for every "dumbazz", "idiot", and "richard sucker" he's thrown around we could afford to buy our coach out of his contract.

Last edited:
Bother? Not at all.

Much appreciated. Thanks

Do you think Butch is a fraud? Kind of a harsh question but I feel like he tries to manipulate the media/fans.

Do you think Butch is a fraud? Kind of a harsh question but I feel like he tries to manipulate the media/fans.

Just because he tries to manipulate people doesn't mean he is a fraud.

He would be a fraud if he wasn't trying to win. He talks like he is trying to win.

Butch is so conservative.

How conservative is Butch?

Let me count the ways.

My problem is that I consider myself conservative. I like running the ball on 1st down. I like running the ball on 3rd down. JK is ready.

See y'all Saturday!

Fake news speculation. We don't know what he said and even if we did we don't know what it was pertaining to.

In your case you typed it straight up with words.

He did not say it has been the "best" but "some of the best".

But don't let that stop you from making a mountain out of nothing.

Butch is not a bad guy and there is no reason for the hatred some of these guys have for him. I don't think he will get us back to where we want to be but I think he's trying. If the guy doesn't have the talent to win big, it's no reason to hate him. I really think he's giving it all he has and that effort should get him some respect even if he's let go at the end of the season. I remember, before he got here, we weren't even competitive with Vanderbilt. That is the mess he walked into and now we are competitive in pretty much every game. There may not be enough improvement for him to keep his job but there has been a lot of improvement under his watch. If he doesn't make it here, I hope he does well where ever he lands and I'll be grateful for him cleaning up the mess that Dooley left.

1321 is the last person who should attempt occupying the high ground on name-calling. I guess it's different since he's taking up for the Head Coach....other posters don't get the same courtesy.

If I had a dollar for every "dumbazz", "idiot", and "richard sucker" he's thrown around we could afford to buy our coach out of his contract.

Talk about some hyperbole exaggeration. You just made D4H blush. Lol

Reactions: 4 people
You think the chances are good at all that we can land Kelly?

I haven't the foggiest. I do know one thing....the thought of Florida potentially landing him should be enough reason for us to make a run at him if we make a move. Kelly potentially at Florida keeps me awake at night.

He's probably not my first choice, but he's the kind of big move that we are due.

Well, if you read the quote again, he said "some of". He's actually right. Since and including 1998, only 5 UT teams have won more that 9 games in the last 20 years.

5-3 and 4-4 SEC records are nothing to brag about the last 2 seasons.

The thread after thread is more comical than anything Butch is saying. If Y'all need a midol and a glass of wine so be it but lets get it together folks.

Oh, now that's good.

You re tripping over a few others to be the first in line every time one opens. Lol

The get it together is misplaced in this case. Jones is still trying to convince everyone he's a good coach with a Mic. Those days are over.

VN Store

Back