Announcers For Vols Games!

Wrangler95

You ever notice the announcers for Tennessee games always will mention several times during the game if opposing teams have a starter missing from the game,it seems to be that hardly ever mention if Tennessee has starters missing.Wondering just how many times they will mention that Purdue has two starters out of the game and never mention anything about Tennessee missing Taylor in the game!You know the joke about ESPN hating Tennessee,I believe it maybe true!!

onevol74

You ever notice the announcers for Tennessee games always will mention several times during the game if opposing teams have a starter missing from the game,it seems to be that hardly ever mention if Tennessee has starters missing.Wondering just how many times they will mention that Purdue has two starters out of the game and never mention anything about Tennessee missing Taylor in the game!You know the joke about ESPN hating Tennessee,I believe it maybe true!!
Maybe true? ESPN is a political organization making money in the sports arena. Remember that the schism with UT started with Chris Fowler as a personal vendetta. The only programming I watch on the Especially Stupid Political Network are actual games.

vols 30

To be fair, it is a much bigger hit for Purdue than UT. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Purdue losing their best WR and D-lineman?

Vol524

With as few players as we have ANYONE the sits out is a major loss. Purdue has a lot more depth than we do. Heck, everyone has more depth than we do.

jaguinn5

To be fair, it is a much bigger hit for Purdue than UT. Correct me if I'm wrong, isn't Purdue losing their best WR and D-lineman?
Exactly. I get so tired of the victim's complex our fans throw around, like everyone is always out to get us. There is no way on this Earth that losing Taylor is the same as what they are losing.

tpsdave

In the big scheme of things; who really cares...

VOLINVONORE

Every other opportunity.

Hexad Vol

You THINK they hate us? They have hated us for years. Nice of you to join us. J/K I mute the sound and listen to the radio while I watch the TV.
Every time I try to listen to the radio and watch TV the timing difference is so large it's not feasible. How do you manage to get them in sync?

Vol524

I just deal with the difference. You are right about the TV lagging behind the radio. But, I hate the ESPN announcers and Gary Donaldson so much that I would prefer the difference to listening to them. If it gets real bad I will just turn the radio off and leave the sound off the TV. I don't need someone trying to explain an incomplete pass to me. What chaps my azz the most is you can not watch any SEC game without that group blowing smoke about Bama or Saban. Heck, Saban is even on the dang commercials. I would not buy AFLAC insurance because of Saban. Can you tell I hate the TIDE? I don't know what happened to the technology but the lag was not near as bad way back when John Ward was calling the games. GO VOLS.

Hexad Vol

I just deal with the difference. You are right about the TV lagging behind the radio. But, I hate the ESPN announcers and Gary Donaldson so much that I would prefer the difference to listening to them. If it gets real bad I will just turn the radio off and leave the sound off the TV. I don't need someone trying to explain an incomplete pass to me. What chaps my azz the most is you can not watch any SEC game without that group blowing smoke about Bama or Saban. Heck, Saban is even on the dang commercials. I would not buy AFLAC insurance because of Saban. Can you tell I hate the TIDE? I don't know what happened to the technology but the lag was not near as bad way back when John Ward was calling the games. GO VOLS.
Thanks Vol 524! I, also, used to listen to Ward while watching TV, much better than anything available now!

aRmo

they only repeat what coaches tell them in meetings the day before the game. So if they are saying this team is missing players or it’s because they are missing players, coaches have told them that the day before. TN doesn’t get this treatment because our coaches haven’t complained all season

volfanhill

They assume the viewer knows very little about the opposing team and a decent amount about us. It's not something with bad intent.

GreveHaller

Every time I try to listen to the radio and watch TV the timing difference is so large it's not feasible. How do you manage to get them in sync?
as one mentioned, you can pause the vid till they're sync'd. Also, there are radios you can buy that have a delay you can adjust so you can manually adjust the radio to sync with the tv.

VN Store