Andy Kelly

tnvoln77

Just read where he set an arena bowl record for most TD's in 1 game yesterday. Not a bad day at the office for former UT QB's.

Originally posted by tnvoln77@Feb 14, 2005 5:10 PM
Just read where he set an arena bowl record for most TD's in 1 game yesterday. Not a bad day at the office for former UT QB's.

I know someone told me this already, but where is he plaing now? I can't remember.

dang chekcerboard charly.....ur offly hateful to be a Vol fan.....Mr.Int???i remember him as a pretty good QB.....u r hatin on him and on Casey....u sure ur a UT fan??

I think he's playin in New Orleans with the voodoo. He rolled all over the Kats th other week. :banghead:

Yea, he's down here in NO. He got offensive player of the week 2 weeks ago and then I think it was 8 touchdowns yesterday. The team they beat yesterday was the champs from last year too!!!! He's doing pretty well!!!!!! :good:

Originally posted by checkerboard_charly@Feb 14, 2005 6:27 PM
he was mr. int at ut.

but he did pretty well under majors.

More like Mr. Happy Feet.

I'm glad he's doing well, though. Good guy.

Andy Kelly plays for the New Orleans VooDoo. He has thrown for 20 TDs and only 1 int in 3 games so far this season. He is 95-of-131 (72.5%!) and 973 yards. His qb rating is a whopping 128.45.

His line from his last game was 33-of-47 for 340 yds and 8 TDs.

He also torched the Kats in week 2 for 6 TDs on 29-of-33 passing and 277 yards.

Andy Kelly holds the AFL record in at least 4 statistical categories.

Passing Yards Career Leaders
1 Andy Kelly 33,933
2 Aaron Garcia 31,402

Passing TDs Career Leaders
1 Andy Kelly 661
2 Aaron Garcia 649

Pass Attempts Career Leaders
1 Andy Kelly 4,918
2 Sherdrick Bonner 3,999

Pass Completions Career Leaders
1 Andy Kelly 3,069
2 Clint Dolezel 2,512

It seems like the NFL never looks at these arena league wonderboys, anybody know why or is the gap in talent that broad?

Andy Kelly was in camp with some NFL teams out of college. Spent a season in NFLEurope...... and then went on to Arena fame. However, by the time that he was turning heads in the NFL, he was considered too old to try and bring in and develop into a possible backup.

I don't have a single name off the top of my head, but there are young players that are migrating from the AFL into the NFL. However, you won't see too many NFL allstars come from the AFL... but some will make the NFL squad.

What a shame. Can you imagine the reputation TN would have if Kelly and Shular had cought the right breaks and with Peyton out there too. We would definitely be considered QBU.

Don't cry too much for Kelly, he's one of the highest paid players in the AFL. That is why the Kats did not try to sign him this year.

Originally posted by allvol@Feb 15, 2005 10:08 AM
I don't have a single name off the top of my head, but there are young players that are migrating from the AFL into the NFL. However, you won't see too many NFL allstars come from the AFL... but some will make the NFL squad.

If I'm not mistaken, didn't Kurt Warner play in the AFL before he led the Rams to the SB?

VN Store

Back