Andre Sterling

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Saw where he had 205 yards against West. Is this kid D-1 material?

Saw where he had 205 yards against West. Is this kid D-1 material?

He's listed 5'11" 185lbs, so he's likely even smaller, so size could be an issue. His coach I remember claimed he ran a 4.4 at a camp, so comming from a good academic school like Farragut, you'd assume the offers would come, but for what ever reason they have not. FHS does play in one of the weakest regions in 5A, with powerhouses like Bradley Central, Heritage, Soddy, and McMinn County, so that could also explain his 2000 yards last year.

what?? weakest regions? you're not serious..Oak Ridge, William Blount, Ooltewah..McMinn and Soddy are supposedly better this year also. I also wouldnt be surprised that Bradley might be a better...they've had very young teams the last couple of years

Farragut Highlights. Number 10 on the Top Ten Video Highlights was pretty beastly, even though it was against my school.

FHS Football

One of his biggest assets is probably his offensive line, Last year I think they averaged about 6-4 300 lbs. Anyone can run behind that.

nice site. I didn't know Farragut had their own site.

what?? weakest regions? you're not serious..Oak Ridge, William Blount, Ooltewah..McMinn and Soddy are supposedly better this year also. I also wouldnt be surprised that Bradley might be a better...they've had very young teams the last couple of years

Region 3 is weaker, but other than that, every other region is better than Region 2. William Blount, Ootewah, and Farragut is all that region has. McMinn County is no better than decent, really, with their record being enhanced by the fact they play in region 2. I'd take Bearden, Science Hill, Cookeville, or Lincoln County over McMinn County. Oak Ridge was bad last year and will not be much better this year, granted previously they were the best 5A team in the Knox area, but previously doesn't explain now. Soddy last went to the playoffs in '04 with a 8-2 record, only to lose in the 2nd round. Bradley Central last went to the playoffs in '99, losing in the first round. Heritage is one of the worst teams in the history of Tennessee high school football, no joke.

Three good team and one or two decent teams out of an eight team region isn't that good, especially when compared to what the other regions have.

It's crazy how much stuff changes. When I played at FHS (97-2000) Oak Ridge was very very good. My last two years Heritage was good and so was Bearden. William Blount was good too. The only bad team in our region was Karns.

It's also weird how they reconfigured the regions. How can Bearden and Farragut not be in the same region. It would be like putting UT and Florida in different conferences.

It's crazy how much stuff changes. When I played at FHS (97-2000) Oak Ridge was very very good. My last two years Heritage was good and so was Bearden. William Blount was good too. The only bad team in our region was Karns.

It's also weird how they reconfigured the regions. How can Bearden and Farragut not be in the same region. It would be like putting UT and Florida in different conferences.

Heritage went down after Danny Wilson left, who now coaches at Cleveland High. They could (should) put Farragut and Bearden back together when Maryville moves up and Hardin Valley is completed. McMinn County is a smaller 5A school I think, so they could move down to 4A.

I am good friends with a teacher at Farragut and he told me Sterling will not be playing D1. His grades are horrible.

I am good friends with a teacher at Farragut and he told me Sterling will not be playing D1. His grades are horrible.

I wasn't going to bring it up, but I've heard that too.

I'm not making fun of the guy cause I know I didn't have the best grades in the world in high school either. The teacher said he is a good kid, just can't get in done in the classroom. I would say because of that he might not get many if any D1 looks.

I've heard Colorado St. and Miss. St. have been looking at him. Not sure to what extent or if they have offered.

I just saw this guys name along with 3 others on CSS station. I think he had another outstanding game the other night, over 200 rushing I think.

they were talking about this on the radio and one of the guys said they asked one of the coaches about Sterling and they said he is not a player they are recruiting but is not allowed to elaborate on that. They said they think its just because he isnt the type who can play other positions at the next level and Tennessee has such a strong stable of runningbacks and a RB already coming that there is no need to go after him.

they were talking about this on the radio and one of the guys said they asked one of the coaches about Sterling and they said he is not a player they are recruiting but is not allowed to elaborate on that. They said they think its just because he isnt the type who can play other positions at the next level and Tennessee has such a strong table of runningbacks and a RB already coming that there is no need to go after him.
It seems you can never have too many running backs though.:question:

VN Store

Back