Anastasia Hayes dismissed.

It's amazing how folk throw out things before everything is revealed. We don't even wait to hear all sides before we are ready to destroy a person and their image. Praying for all involved because this isn't just an Annie issue but whether many believe it or not it is Lady Vols issue. Things aren't being handled in the manner of which they once were and that needs to be corrected.
...or perhaps they are being handled as they once were and this is just the beginning of that slow return to tradition

I would guess that Fulmer gives Holly enough time to let this freshman class graduate before Holly is seriously considered to be fired. If she can't produce in four more seasons with the roster that she has, then she needs to go.

I don't think CPF will have to let these lower level classes graduate before he addresses the situation. The trajectory of the program will be evident before that and especially evidenced in the next few recruiting classes. She did not choos e wisely with some significant players and I can see where she would be given a chance to recover from those errors before launching a search committee for her replacement. Hate it when in state girls don't work out. Don't have to know too many facts when they have to be dismissed. You can bet it was not insignificant rules violations. Does not have to be a group of felonies either.... rules are rules... wish her well and move on.

You took ALL the words out of my mouth with your posts! I hope she learns, I am glad rules are being upheld, and I expect her Staley to hit her up but I would also keep an eye on MTSU they have been close with the Hayses since one of the sons was her AAU coach and then she was recruited to ole miss who she gave an official too (that Coach is the son of MTSU coach and the brother of her AAU Head Coach). They too are recruiting all the sisters.

The Insell's (Rick and Matt) have a tight relationship with the TN Flight program (Hayes AAU team) since they are based right in their back door. Both coaches have already offered former UT player Cori Allen's daughter who is in 7TH GRADE which is so freaking silly if you ask me! But back on subject, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hayes at either one of those places (MTSU or Ole Piss). Nor would I be suprised if Daddy Hayes doesn't try to negotiate a package deal for the sisters and AH. Of course the easy choice would be Ole Miss or anyone on UT's schedule if she wants revenge. Either way she is very talented and if she can get her life together off the court maybe she can still turn this around. Best of Luck AH.

I wonder if Daddy Hayes isn't Lavar Ball 2.0. hmmmmm...

The Insell's (Rick and Matt) have a tight relationship with the TN Flight program (Hayes AAU team) since they are based right in their back door. Both coaches have already offered former UT player Cori Allen's daughter who is in 7TH GRADE which is so freaking silly if you ask me! But back on subject, I wouldn't be surprised to see Hayes at either one of those places (MTSU or Ole Piss). Nor would I be suprised if Daddy Hayes doesn't try to negotiate a package deal for the sisters and AH. Of course the easy choice would be Ole Miss or anyone on UT's schedule if she wants revenge. Either way she is very talented and if she can get her life together off the court maybe she can still turn this around. Best of Luck AH.

I wonder if Daddy Hayes isn't Lavar Ball 2.0. hmmmmm...

ICYMI......Matt Insell is no longer at Ole Miss! He now coaches with his daddy at MTSU.

I would guess that Fulmer gives Holly enough time to let this freshman class graduate before Holly is seriously considered to be fired. If she can't produce in four more seasons with the roster that she has, then she needs to go.

She hasn’t produced with top talent in years. Enough is enough! You want to fix the issues with the program you have to cut the head off of the snake.

Aisylinn Hayes just went to Memphis for a visit! I hate to see this because I have watched Riverdale for several years and now this..... What a shame !

That being said: this does put the team in a better position for scholarships to offer. I now count eleven ( with Brown transfer ) The last three ladies that visited.... We now have room for if they want to come? We also have room for other Graduate transfers next year if needed. The numbers just aren’t as tight for the next two recruiting years.
This gives our Freshmen a chance for more playing time.... I hope they are ready !

Reactions: FabSmokyVol
Great idea! Four more years of holly, just what this program needs.
Totally agree. There are zero head coaches out there who could recruit better than Holly has to Tennessee. Her coaching is totally suspect, but maybe she will surprise us and show it's possible to teach old dogs new tricks...

If you people really think Holly had no input on this, you are insane. Fuller is the AD. He is over the entire athletic department. It is his decision ultimately, especially with the potential severity of the issues. Holly made the announcement. It also says “multiple” violations. Sounds to me like Holly have Annie opportunities to work things out but ultimately she couldn’t any longer.
New AD and I missed it. Dadgumit!

That is blatantly not true. The AD always has to sign off on dismissals. The recommendation comes from the coach.
Exactly. Holly isn't losing control. Tennessee just happens to be one of the few programs who will give you a chance to make it right but follow through on letting you go if you don't. So many other coaches and programs bend over backwards to bend to rules to appease players that refuse to follow them. That's not fair to the other players that actually do follow the rules... and at Tennessee players have more rules to follow than a lot of other programs. Recruits know this before they sign that letter of intent so lets stop the Holly blaming. She has had to manage more than her fair share of drama with coaches and players the last few years and yet, even with the departure of Annie, has one of her most complete rosters entering this season (even if it is a bit inexperienced). Coaches who have had incidents like Tennessee has had the last few years and don't have control would be struggling to put together a roster at this point. That is not the case here and there are a handful of prominent coaches in WCBB who have commended Holly for her handling of the situations that she has had to manage.

With all that said, Massengill has a great opportunity to step up much like Annie did last year as a freshman. Green, while not a point guard, will also provide talented depth to the perimeter.

I wish Annie the best and can other offer other posters here a "keep your heads up."

You took ALL the words out of my mouth with your posts! I hope she learns, I am glad rules are being upheld, and I expect her Staley to hit her up but I would also keep an eye on MTSU they have been close with the Hayses since one of the sons was her AAU coach and then she was recruited to ole miss who she gave an official too (that Coach is the son of MTSU coach and the brother of her AAU Head Coach). They too are recruiting all the sisters.

BINGO!!! Smart money is that she will be at MTSU, and the younger sisters are off the table. Pitty, because the youngest one is also the best player by a good margin. Assuming her development doesn’t stall, that is...

Last edited:
Which articles did you read? The coverage by KNS and WBIR doesn't even mention Fulmer. It is Holly who made the announcement Hayes dismissed

Also am trying to find the article it had attached. But this is what I went off of from reading it. I hope I didn’t start this Fulmer vs Holly dismissing her thing because I was just implying it happened after the meeting with him and I didn’t mean holly had no input either way. Just like with TC we heard multiple reports that Holly went to bat for her but ultimately the school made the decision. So I guess my source was FoxSportsKnox in a sense

Attachments

• 7CECA306-7EEE-449B-B6D4-923B9A1671D5.png
    7CECA306-7EEE-449B-B6D4-923B9A1671D5.png
    115.3 KB · Views: 41
Last edited:
I sure hate to hear this, and am hoping that she's okay and not sliding down some slippery slope. How she responds to this setback while still a very young adult could affect her life for decades.

I am shocked. I can’t imagine Annie doing anything to get dismissed. She seems sensitive and sweet. Like I said, shocking.

If I recall correctly and I may not, this family has had issues during the high school years where the girls played.

Yes as I recall the father was unhappy with Hayes's playing time last year. I hate to see her go but cancers are best extracted early before they ruin the entire body. No matter how good a player is, they can never be above the the team and it's rules. At least one post suggested that something must be wrong since this is the second time we have recently lost a player due to discipline issues, that is an over reach of the situation. Programs are always dismissing good players from their programs due to discipline issues. I think it is ridiculous to remotely blame Holly for this situation.

She hasn’t produced with top talent in years. Enough is enough! You want to fix the issues with the program you have to cut the head off of the snake.

So you’re blaming a players inability to follow team rules which lead to a meeting with the AD and her dismissal on the coach ? I’m not on the Holly support bus BUT as a teacher I hate to keep hearing what can we do for the kid, what else can we do for the kid, how can we make sure the kid passes! It’s called WIDENING the plate. Someone used a baseball analogy that a college football coach used. That kids from Teeball up use the same plate til the major leagues used the same size plate and the strike zones never changed as they got older (im not a huge baseball fan so I don’t know if this is true) but the kids learned what a strike was and the zone didn’t change just because the kid couldn’t hit. At some point isn’t up to the kid to want to pass, or follow the rules, or want to do better ? Sorry I’ll get off my teacher soap box but when do we place emphasis on the kid/young adult to take warning and follow the rules. I coach in high school and my athletes know there are rules and that if you continue to break these rules after being warned or knowing the rules fully that there will be a consequence for your actions. More often than not the teammates of the kid have said it was fair after hearing that the person was whatever because kids talk and often times they tell the truth and are thankful that there was accountability held and that the ones who do follow the rules are not treated like the ones who don’t!

With that said I don’t know what was done, said, etc. I think AH has an extremely bright future ahead of her and I don’t think Holly is kicking talent off the team Willy Nilly without much thought. Again not on the Holly loving bus but to blame a coach for someone not following the rules is a bit much.

Less we not forget Pat had to dismiss Tiffani Johnson for not following team rules. Suspend Candace for breaking team curfew. Not that they didn’t respect coach summit but they made a choice and there was a consequence. And we know CPS enforced rules!

Last edited:
Yes as I recall the father was unhappy with Hayes's playing time last year. I hate to see her go but cancers are best extracted early before they ruin the entire body. No matter how good a player is, they can never be above the the team and it's rules. At least one post suggested that something must be wrong since this is the second time we have recently lost a player due to discipline issues, that is an over reach of the situation. Programs are always dismissing good players from their programs due to discipline issues. I think it is ridiculous to remotely blame Holly for this situation.

Can you name another program that has dismissed top 10 ranked HS players in consecutive years ?
Has any wcbb program dismissed 2 top 10 ranked HS players in their entire history ?

Reactions: mlindsay
What about school ? She needs to start classes soon! Does she stay at UT for classes? Or will Dawn get her registered and in class next week ! 😈

VN Store

Back