Anarchy In Portland

Had the locals done their damn job in the first place they wouldn’t have needed to be there protecting federal property.

I really couldn’t care less if Portland burns itself to the ground. But if those asswipes act out resulting in federal costs to property owned by the other 49 states also then that needs to be shut down.
I accept your apology.

My Daddy taught me that my rights stop at the end of my nose. Which I interpret, now, as don't violate anyone's space or stuff. If someone chooses to be vocal, express their feelings...fine. Just don't mess with my nose.

My Daddy taught me that my rights stop at the end of my nose. Which I interpret, now, as don't violate anyone's space or stuff. If someone chooses to be vocal, express their feelings...fine. Just don't mess with my nose.

My father said something similar.
He said you have the right to swing your arms wildly around and pitch a bitch fit. You don’t have the right for those swinging arms to come in contact with me

Reactions: DynaLo
I’ve always wondered why the police doesn’t spray a violent crowd with some sort of sticky water. Maybe a sugar water mixed with pickle juice. Nobody wants to be that uncomfortable. It would encourage the crowd to leave without anyone getting hurt.
(This is what the Jews do in Israel except it’s shot out of a high pressure water cannon)

I’ve always wondered why the police doesn’t spray a violent crowd with some sort of sticky water. Maybe a sugar water mixed with pickle juice. Nobody wants to be that uncomfortable. It would encourage the crowd to leave without anyone getting hurt.
(This is what the Jews do in Israel except it’s shot out of a high pressure water cannon)

I was thinking replace tear gas with laughing gas....

Reactions: tntar heel
Tar & feathers!

Reactions: Orangeslice13
I think the problem with laughing gas is keeping it concentrated enough to be affective. We probably don’t want a bunch of “high” people getting in cars to leave but I like the out of the box thinking on crowd control

Yeah, I was probably doing whippets when I thought of that. But yeah, people would probably be hanging around for more.

Yeah, I don't care if it does or not. Once you go from protesting to rioting your right of not getting hurt is over IMO
While I agree with you that rioters should be shot (and I absolutely mean that) the problem remains that they are often mixed in among the actual protester who are practicing their 1A right which should be defended with the same vigor

Reactions: DynaLo
While I agree with you that rioters should be shot (and I absolutely mean that) the problem remains that they are often mixed in among the actual protester who are practicing their 1A right which should be defended with the same vigor

If the legitimate protesters would identify the agitators it would go a long way in stopping the violence.

What hog said...but also guilt by association and wrong place wrong time exist legally so to speak. If you're in a mob and they burn a building...expect arson charges. Same if they kill someone. These things seem to turn to riots as soon as the sun goes down. Law abiding protestors need to take their butts home at dark or be treated with rioters as a threat once it is dark. If they cannot either make their voices heard during the 15 hours of daylight OR protest somewhere else that the rioters havent been trying to burn down for over a month then they are out of luck IMO.

Portland Protesters Burn BIBLES, American Flags in the Streets

portland-rioters-burning-american-flag-getty-640x480.jpg

Protesters flocked to the Justice Center and the federal courthouse in Portland again on Friday night, lighting fires and burning American flags and Bibles in the streets.

According to the Portland Police, which did not engage with demonstrators, the crowd lit several fires, including a large bonfire in the middle of the street in front of the federal courthouse. One video shows protesters feeding a small fire with Bibles, which were engulfed in flames:

Portland Protesters Burn Bibles, American Flags in the Streets

goebbels_books_canonical-resize-1200x0-50.jpg

Nazi Book Burning, Berlin 1933

If the legitimate protesters would identify the agitators it would go a long way in stopping the violence.
Absolutely.
Those like me wanting reforms have to call out the violent thugs and criminals stealing the message.

VN Store

Back