An Update On All I Could Find......

StripClubDJ

Like my Cosby report, I have some inside scoops on some things. Some sources I can name, some I can't. With that......let's talk football.

This Gainesville paper said Richard and Williams will sign tomorrow with the Vols. Scroll down a bit to see the Vol part

gatorsports.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20050201/GATORS01/202010325

I have heard some things about Felix Jones giving a silent to UT a couple of days ago, realizing being a DB is his ticket to the NFL, where we have needs.

On the other hand, the RB that will stay a RB was heard telling his track coaches that he'll be coming to Tennessee. Monterrio Hardesty could be the second back in our class, on the other hand, some say they know his fam and say he's firm on his commit to UNC.

Now, to what may be the best news of all.....I copied this article for you.

Posted on Tue, Feb. 01, 2005

FOOTBALL RECRUITING NOTEBOOK

Phillips hangs up on hype

By MANNY NAVARRO

mnavarro@herald.com

Sometimes, he won't answer his cellphone at all.

When the calls come in floods, Carol City safety Kenny Phillips says he will pass the phone to a friend or teammate and let them deal with the questions.

''It's the magazine people, the Internet people who are killing me,'' said Phillips, the nation's No. 1-rated safety, who in 24 hours will announce his college choice in front of ESPN cameras at his school library.

``Those people call every day asking the same questions over and over again. Usually, I try not to answer, but when they call I put whoever is next to me on the phone. I tell them to take a message. But when the [reporters] don't want to hang up, usually that person will do the interview for me.

``Those [Internet reporters] put what they want online anyway. To me, there's no difference between what I say or what somebody they [assume] is me tells them.''

Being one of the most wanted football recruits in America is not an easy job for Phillips, especially when he is still among the few top-tier national recruits who haven't made up their minds. According to Rivals.com, only 19 of the top 100 recruits in the nation are undecided.

Phillips, rated 12th regardless of position, and Carol City teammate Ricky Jean-Francois, rated 59th by Rivals and third in Dade overall, are two of the 19 who still have yet to decide.

With the dead period in effect since Monday, college coaches and recruiters aren't allowed to call players anymore. But that doesn't mean reporters hot for a scoop can't call.

Phillips said Saturday he was going to shut his phone off for good Monday and spend time alone in his room before deciding between Miami and Tennessee.

Jean-Francois, who visited LSU this past weekend, will make his choice among the Tigers, South Florida and Tennessee.

Phillips, who made his final trip to Miami on Jan. 21, said he spent most of this past weekend talking to players from Miami and Tennessee, including Killian cornerback Demetrice Morley, a Vols commitment who has been trying to convince Phillips to join him.

''I've been talking to Demetrice as well as [Tennessee defensive back] Jason Allen a lot,'' Phillips said. ``When I made my visit, they made me feel so at home over there. It's like a great big family bond between players, coaches and their wives. It's so family oriented, I really don't think I'd feel homesick if I went.''

Phillips said former Carol City teammates Willie Williams, last year's top recruit, Eric Moncur and Sinorice Moss have been the Hurricanes he has spoken to most.

''They've all been great,'' Phillips said. ``They all tell me to do the same thing -- follow my heart. Thing is, I'm really torn. I really don't know. I'll probably make the decision late [tonight] and let everybody know at the same time.''

It seems he is really torn but it is looking better for UT every hour that passes. With Morley and Allen revving him up about the defensive backfield they could be together, I think we might get a pleasent surprise with KP. The only thing holding him back is his family......and as you read, we're all family up here in Knoxville.

So, all in all, no matter what, we are going to have a top 3 class sign up tomorrow. And with an addition here or there......number !.
I think we bring these guys in....in order of suredness....

Richard
Hardesty
Phillips
Jones

and I'm also hearing Richard and Williams may not be a package deal so I'm going out on a limb and saying Williams goes elsewhere....probably JUCO or partial qualifier.

also don't forget, if Cox or anyone else doesn't qualify, we are in Ricky Jean-Francois final three (could he be a package with Phillips?) and Geno Hayes DID commit to us....

regardless of what happens, we should all be proud of our Coaches, staff, University and this board for helping spread the good word......not to mention we should give much love to these fine young men who realize there is nothing better than taking the Vol Walk to the stadium on a cool fall day, putting that Power T helmet on and running through the T in front of 108,000 of the best fans sports have to offer. God bless you all...... :clap:

very nice post. do we have enough scholarships for all these people?

so according to the article he will make his descion tonight. i hope its all Big ORANGE for him.

As far as Scholly's go, I'm not very sure how that works. I know we have 23 commits and 25 'ships, I'm not sure if, say, we sign 28, knowing 3 will have to go to Hargrave....or if we ask someone to commit to us and wait for a ship to become available (grades and attrition, transfers, etc are bound to happen).....maybe we can actually sign 27, just lose two next year.....I would think if we only had 2 to give they would go to Phillips and either Hardesty or Richard and I'm sure (or hope, for pride sake) that we wouldn't send a three star on his way for a newly interested four star. I know one thing.......having more 4 star people want to come here than we have scholarships to give is a very good thing for us. For some reason, I keep getting the gut feeling that Phillips is coming. I hope he doesn't make me look stupid but why would he wait so long to commit to Miami? If he was coming here, it would make sense to wait as long as possible so avert the backlash from hometown folks.....the longer he waits, the more chance we have.
Whatever the outcome, I'm sure we are gonna be partying like it's 2005 on here tomorrow.....which raises another question.....anyone know of any signing day parties tomorrow? I'm in Knoxville and I heard somewhere that there might be several sports bars and resteraunts throwing parties, having specials, etc. I also know Phil is gonna be on the special Countdown To Signing Day edition on tomorrow.....Jaeger Bombs and Jack and Cokes for everyone???? :pepper:

I think there is one at Michaels. But if you go there then you wouldn't be able to be here.

;)

True, true.....and I'm thinking we'll know things before Tony does....without the damned commercials. They do have a great Filet Mignon though and Brad and Jeremy always hook up those stout liquor drinks.....looks like the high school kids aren't the only ones that have a tough decision to make tomorrow...... :rocks:

I know, I know.....everyone is tired of hearing about P. Turner....but I just heard that there is a radio station (I have no clue.....which makes it completely a rumor, unfounded, and probably idiotic to even bring up) saying he's still eaten up by the decision.....he's really close to his Dad......not to get hopes up or anything......in fact, screw it.....I shouldn't even post this.....wait, I do have a question. Freak or whoever may have input can answer.....if I get info from another place, say a USC board or another site or whatever it may be....is it cool to post here? Not a pay site but if, say.....on a UNC board if there were something on Hardesty....should I copy and paste and give credit, should I put in my own words?
There are just some things I see out in the big net that I wanna share here (I think this is the most comfortable forum board I've seen, sports or non)but I don't wanna step on anyone's toes.....I'm just a newbie, never really posted anywhere....learning the ropes......thanks for the advice. And while I'm at it....do the "dollars" decrease for dumb posts? IAre there more given for really helpful posts or...extra for good humor? Any ratings system at all or just x amount per post? And also....are there too many questions in this post right here??? should I create another post and...... :flush: :p

The radio station was outa Augusta Georgia of all places :dunno: :dunno:

OTOH it's the night before signing day and between the rumor mongers and the rest of us, lots of crazy ideas. With SS, I doubt we're looking to pick up another WR, particulary with Wardlow, Rogers and Shelley already in the house.

you can copy posts from other message boards as long as it's not a pay site or you can put it in your own words and post a link.

dollars are x per post.

Two of the recruits you have listed Bolden and Briscoe count toward last year so we have 21 commited so far. we can sign and accept 25 to this years class. Cox and Myers will not qualify and will be placed. If we get williams or Hayes they will also be placed. We should get Jones, Richards, Hardesty, and Phillips. That would be our 25 and place 3-4 depending on Hayes. What a great Day we will have . GO VOLS :bow: :pepper: :rocks: :twocents:

Originally posted by tnvolsfan4@Feb 1, 2005 10:24 PM
Two of the recruits you have listed Bolden and Briscoe count toward last year so we have 21 commited so far. we can sign and accept 25 to this years class. Cox and Myers will not qualify and will be placed. If we get williams or Hayes they will also be placed. We should get Jones, Richards, Hardesty, and Phillips. That would be our 25 and place 3-4 depending on Hayes. What a great Day we will have . GO VOLS :bow:  :pepper:  :rocks:  :twocents:

Rock on...so we have at least four spots left......thanks for summarizing. I agree on all four we stated. Should be a great day......but also Bham, you know if PT wanted to come Phil would take him. I see we're in a win - win situation now and in the years to come......and thanks Freak, I just wanna be a good boy. :naughty:

Anyone else gonna be on here 8am sharp??? Am I losing my mind to base happiness in life on something as miniscule as signing day? I should be getting laid right now.....but I'm not sure I'm #1 IN THE NATION!!!!!! like I know our class will be ........oh, wait....yes I am...... :pimp:

I am gonna try my best to be here by 8am and I planning on being here all day.

VN Store

Back