An interesting thought

EZE

I’m as glad as anybody that Barnes is staying, and I do not hold his job exploration against him at all, BUT:

I wonder how he would feel if Williams and Turner came to him and said: “Coach, we appreciate Tennessee and everything, but we are both transferring to Duke for our senior seasons to help restore that blue blood program to national championship status....”

Man, these hypothetical situations. I wonder how he feels after getting 4.7 mil a year for 5 years.
Awesome, Yes.gif

I’m as glad as anybody that Barnes is staying, and I do not hold his job exploration against him at all, BUT:

I wonder how he would feel if Williams and Turner came to him and said: “Coach, we appreciate Tennessee and everything, but we are both transferring to Duke for our senior seasons to help restore that blue blood program to national championship status....”

I’m fairly sure those two checked out other programs, and made sure Tennessee was the right choice for them. I’m also fairly confident that Bone and Williams are doing the same thing now........no problem, none at all, so move along.

Lol Duke doesn't need "restored" to anything, so that already makes your point null and void.

Secondly, completely different situations when talking about players transferring and a coach leaving.

He would probably feel like every other college coach in America.

I’m fairly sure those two checked out other programs, and made sure Tennessee was the right choice for them. I’m also fairly confident that Bone and Williams are doing the same thing now........no problem, none at all, so move along.
I wonder about that, too. I wa shocked that Barnes would have this flirtation.

Just like UT made a counter-offer and kept Rick, Rick would be a good salesman and ask what he needed to do to keep them. It's called selling your program and using your relationship.

Reactions: cardvolfan

Whats interesting about that thought?

the coach of the year awards are nice but the big bucks offer is more than rewarding--it's validation!

now we can all feel better!

Hopefully he could refrain from laughing and then give them the ol “bless yer hearts”.

He chose Tennessee. That says enough about him. Any coach would entertain an offer from a basketball rich program. He weighed his options and decides he likes Tennessee better, no harm no foul. If any players did that he would likely try to convince them to stay the same that Fulmer did to him.

Reactions: Alto1
He chose Tennessee. That says enough about him. Any coach would entertain an offer from a basketball rich program. He weighed his options and decides he likes Tennessee better, no harm no foul. If any players did that he would likely try to convince them to stay the same that Fulmer did to him.

Common sense.

Now that's interesting.......................

Reactions: rocketskates

VN Store

Back