Amazon Officially Pulls out of NYC for HQ2

She has always favored Mr. Ed in the mouth.

Mannerisms. The DNC just thought she was cute as all get out when she came onto the scene. The "future" of the Democratic Party. Oh, she Tweeted again, let's have a brain orgasm over her nonsensical ramblings! Isn't she just the greatest!

Well, then she helped NYC lose billions of dollars in revenue. And is proud to say she helped.

Not so cute now.

150,000 * 25,000 = $3,750,000,000

$3,750,000,000 * 6%(estimated rate) = $225,000,000

Every year. The state of New York is missing out on 225 million a year in income tax revenue.

What a bunch of da.

That isn’t counting the sales tax average of 7.75%. If you conservatively estimate 20% of the yearly total salary is used to purchase items which include sales taxes, the total tax revenue increases by almost 60 million.

There is your living wage AOC. (This is a joke)

Last edited:
Reactions: tennvols77
Maybe I'm old school, but, I hold ideals and beliefs and conviction to the level where even if I disagree with you, if you are willing to fight and die for what you say, then I at least will, and do respect you.

Sadly, this view makes me feel like most people are full of it and when push comes to shove these ideals and beliefs fall to the wayside in favor of self preservation, ideals be damned.

Sorry Weez, like ya, but she is full of it and a waste of air.

The way she says whatever comes to mind, she's not afraid to espouse her beliefs. She hasn't had time to be jaded by the political system. Time will tell if she falls victim to that effect and puts power before belief, but right now, it would be hard to argue she doesn't have conviction. I don't agree with her views, but I admire that currently, she is not afraid to make enemies, even within her own party, to stand up for what she believes. God help us should any of it come to pass, but I admire her tenacity. To reiterate, I in no way support her politics, but I do admire her passion.

Reactions: tennvols77
Pretty good thread. He compares this to sports owners clamoring for taxpayer money to build new stadiums.

Pretty good thread. He compares this to sports owners clamoring for taxpayer money to build new stadiums.

Lot's of apples, oranges and hand grenades being conflated.

One example: A key difference in stadiums vs this is stadiums typically are directly funded (monies paid out of pocket) by the municipalities vs forgone tax revenue (Amazon deal). In the former the money is expended with a hope it returns via economic vitality. In the latter, no money is expended. Further, the Amazon type deal by definition a revenue increaser since the foregone revenue would have been forgone without the deal AND it creates direct revenue producing jobs (25K at avg. of 150,000) - stadiums don't directly create many jobs and most that they do are not high paying jobs. The increase income tax from employees in stadium deals can never match the out of pocket outlays. Amazon jobs would immediately increase tax revenues.

Just a few of the differences.

CNBC about to show idiots that were FOR AMZN are now AGAINST AMZN. Of course they don't blame their rocket surgeon politicians that scuttled the deal.

Just a few of the differences.

The entire HQ2 thing has been a circus, though. I think it was as much about creating Amazon buzz in the media as anything else. They even had cities like Knoxville submitting proposals, even though they had no chance.

It will be good for the state but lets not kid ourselves, the people moving here to fill these jobs will bring their politics with them.
Yeah, thats the problem, they move out of high taxes states yet they stupidly bring the same leftist politics. This is why marxists aren't too bright. They use the same mimdser with social issues.

The entire HQ2 thing has been a circus, though. I think it was as much about creating Amazon buzz in the media as anything else. They even had cities like Knoxville submitting proposals, even though they had no chance.

Sure Amazon played it for all they were worth but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good deal for NYC if they'd have let it happen.

This dimwit on CNBC right now is a lost ball in the high weeds. Actually said this is a victory for New Yorkers.

Sure Amazon played it for all they were worth but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a good deal for NYC if they'd have let it happen.
Amazon used it as a free intel gathering exercise. Of course there were plenty of also rans, but they gave Amazon free market research which is probably being used to aid strategic planning. And it produced a good little heat map to identify areas that may be more receptive to offering incentives for future projects. I think it was pretty shrewd.

I knew the left was against capitalism and wants us to crash but I never thought I would see the day where some of them would openly celebrate when Americans don't get jobs. She needs to make sure those folks don't work and continue to live off the government. AOC is the best thing to happen to conservatism in a long time.

NY Times destroying them all. Lol

Opinion | New York Returns 25,000 Jobs to Amazon

“You have to be tough to make it in New York City,” Mayor Bill de Blasio boasted, choosing to jeer at Amazon as it canceled its plans on Thursday to build a new headquarters in Queens, after some local officials angrily criticized its proposal.

What a strange thing for the mayor to take pride in. It’s certainly true that you have to be tough these days. But that’s because the subways don’t work, the streets are gridlocked, the housing is unaffordable, the shelters are overcrowded, and the schools are segregated and often inadequate. Now think how much tougher it’ll become for the typical citizen — not the ones who ride in chauffeured government cars — if New York gets a reputation for the smugness of its politicians and their hostility to business.

There were all sorts of problems with the deal New York cut to bring Amazon to the city, and Amazon is no paragon, but its abrupt withdrawal was a blow to New York, which stood to gain 25,000 jobs and an estimated $27 billion in tax revenue over the next two decades. This embarrassment to the city presents a painful lesson in how bumper-sticker slogans and the hubris of elected — and corporate — officials can create losers on all sides.

Been wondering to myself if this is the bonehead move that gets dipshit AOC primaried in 2020. Time will tell.

Been wondering to myself if this is the bonehead move that gets dipshit AOC primaried in 2020. Time will tell.

She's doubling down on stupid as of late. Basically, claiming how "horrid" the conditions are at Amazon from an article a couple of years old. Plus, some of which happened in another country.

VN Store

Back