Amateur Hour Continues

Its funny and clearly the smarminess of how smart he thinks he is and how stupid he thinks these people are just oozes right through his every word.

Always some interesting types who wear all the buttons, etc at political rallies.

The thing is, as an experienced political hatchet, these rallies mystify me. Joe Biden, as sitting President, couldnt get this many people to show up at an event without massive coordination and the local parties squeezing their regulars. Trump is no longer in office even and people are showing up at some distant corn patch in Iowa, with no coordination from any campaign people (because Trump rarely has any) or gop party leadership (because they too believe themselves above such people). Thousands of people show up at events neither he nor any of his people are even attending - just to talk about Trump.

You guys just dont understand, this is a very unusual phenomenon. When Barak Obama ran in 08, it was historic in the way people supported him, yes. But that was also with every media organization everywhere completely in the tank worshiping him almost like these people are. Yet Trump is getting this type of idolizing support with every media and tech organization basically at war with him.

I wish I could figure out how to replicate this.

Pretty easy to figure out how to replicate it (especially for an "experienced political hatchet")... find some idiots and get them to talk. By the way, don't pretend like you're an "experienced political hatchet" when you can't spell "Barack."

Pretty easy to figure out how to replicate it (especially for an "experienced political hatchet")... find some idiots and get them to talk. By the way, don't pretend like you're an "experienced political hatchet" when you can't spell "Barack."

I am not talking about getting people to look stupid on TV, thats easy. But getting people to show up at events when there is no one there (and often even when there is), that is not so easy in my experience. Large crowds of people almost spontaneously gathering to express support for a politician with no "political people" involved or attending is entirely beyond my experience and I have not seen it in my lifetime. Maybe it was like that for Reagan but I was too young to really know back then. Maybe JFK but that was before my time.

I am not talking about getting people to look stupid on TV, thats easy. But getting people to show up at events when there is no one there (and often even when there is), that is not so easy in my experience. Large crowds of people almost spontaneously gathering to express support for a politician with no "political people" involved or attending is entirely beyond my experience and I have not seen it in my lifetime. Maybe it was like that for Reagan but I was too young to really know back then. Maybe JFK but that was before my time.
I'll trust your experience as a political hatchet.

Social media has made morons more in your face. That's the explanation for a Trump rally. You are literally dealing with morons .

Biden is 10 months in and this has been a terrible start of epic proportions. This administration is failing on every front. We haven't seen ice cream in months. It ain't funny anymore. I'm not sure he makes it 4 years unfortunately.

She's only a conservative if you change the meaning of the word conservative.

The handy thing about running as a populist is you don't actually have to know what the **** you're talking about and the crowd will still cheer. Their speeches are written with the same algorithm in mind as GRE essay prompts: hit the key words and not much else matters.

Not moderate!
Ban ________!
Trump!
Also ban __________!
Trump!
Stop voter fraud that hasn't been proven in my state!

Edit: in fairness, here's the progressive version of the above script.

Not moderate!
Ban ________!
Trump!
Also ban __________!
Trump!
Make voting easier somehow even though it's already really easy to do!

Last edited:
She's only a conservative if you change the meaning of the word conservative.

The handy thing about running as a populist is you don't actually have to know what the **** you're talking about and the crowd will still cheer. Their speeches are written with the same algorithm in mind as GRE essay prompts: hit the key words and not much else matters.

Not moderate!
Ban ________!
Trump!
Also ban __________!
Trump!
Stop voter fraud that hasn't been proven in my state!

Always remember conservative and republican are not the same.

Reactions: AshG
Social media has made morons more in your face. That's the explanation for a Trump rally. You are literally dealing with morons .

Why do Americans keep electing morons? How do people like Maxine Waters or AOC or Matt Gaetz get elected? You'd think we would be more selective of who we put in office, but the last couple of Presidential elections have shown that not to be true. Morons at political rallies are nothing compared to the morons we put in office.

The scary thing is there are lots of people in Nevada who see that and actually think, "hell yea, that's who I'm voting for".

How "scary" was it for you to vote for a nursing home patient plagued by dementia? I get it that all things Trump trigger you to exponential levels but that doesn't excuse your enthusiastic vote for Biden and his continued support in the face of pretty dire results thus far in his presidency.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
How "scary" was it for you to vote for a nursing home patient plagued by dementia? I get it that all things Trump trigger you to exponential levels but that doesn't excuse your enthusiastic vote for Biden and his continued support in the face of pretty dire results thus far in his presidency.
My vote for Biden was not enthusiastic in the least. My vote against Trump was extremely enthusiastic.

Reactions: TN Ribs

VN Store

Back