Amateur Hour Continues

To bad Japan didn't have a general with such courage back in '41. Could have saved millions of lives.
Random - but I was watching one of those WW2 in color series last night. FDR was addressing the nation and talking about our progress in the Pacific against “the Japs”.

Kinda crazy to see/hear that on National tv.

But I would imagine that if any Japanese officers acted that way in ‘41 they would have been dealt with swiftly, and brutally.

Anyways. Carry on.

Random - but I was watching one of those WW2 in color series last night. FDR was addressing the nation and talking about our progress in the Pacific against “the Japs”.

Kinda crazy to see/hear that on National tv.

But I would imagine that if any Japanese officers acted that way in ‘41 they would have been dealt with swiftly, and brutally.

Anyways. Carry on.
No doubt he would have been executed immediately as a traitor. But he would have been viewed as a hero in the US and most of the world (and even among some of the more enlightened in Japan) . He could have potentially saved millions of lives by doing what was right instead of following a "legal" order through the chain of command.

That was the point I was making.

Last edited:
NO! The message should be to always follow the COC. Nobody in the military is bound by illegal orders and if given one going to the next superior is still within the COC.
I agree.

Out of curiosity- If the Sec of Def is given what he believes to be an illegal order by the President, who does he go to? Congress?

I agree.

Out of curiosity- If the Sec of Def is given what he believes to be an illegal order by the President, who does he go to? Congress?
Hogg sees the absolute necessity of and emphatically demands the strict adherence to a hierarchical order in a multi-level bureaucracy in large organizations, especially ones governmental in nature.

Hogg sees the absolute necessity of and emphatically demands the strict adherence to a hierarchical order in a multi-level bureaucracy in large organizations, especially ones governmental in nature.

You're about 6 eggs short of a dozen.

When it comes to military action I believe in strictly following the COC, there are built in avenues for anyone in the military or it's civilian masters to protest what they might consider illegal orders. The military cannot effectively function without a strict adherence to the COC.

When it comes to military action I believe in strictly following the COC, there are built in avenues for anyone in the military or it's civilian masters to protest what they might consider illegal orders. The military cannot effectively function without a strict adherence to the COC.
Oh, I understand the need for rules, regulations, chains of command and such. It's the only way societal groups can function. Often times it's less about being an individual and more about being a member of the particular society.

Respectfully disagree. He has all 12 eggs. Just no carton to put them in.

Fox News Poll: Voters think the country is less united under Biden
By a 54-37 percent margin, Americans think the country is less united under Biden rather than more so

President Biden used the word "unity" eight times in his inauguration speech, but voters say the country is heading in the opposite direction on his watch.

By a 54-37 percent margin, they think the country is less united under Biden rather than more so.

By a 54-37 percent margin, Americans think the country is less united under Biden rather than more so

President Biden used the word "unity" eight times in his inauguration speech, but voters say the country is heading in the opposite direction on his watch.

By a 54-37 percent margin, they think the country is less united under Biden rather than more so.

Lol

The Boston Herald

Battenfeld: Bumbling Biden faces severe credibility test at United Nations

President Biden, already staggering from failures at home, faces a severe credibility test internationally as he gives his maiden speech before the United Nations General Assembly.

Whether it’s a drone strike that killed innocent civilians in Afghanistan, a submarine deal that the French are upset at being cut out of, or a plan to push COVID booster shots that the World Health Organization is protesting, the bumbling Biden administration is on the defensive around the world.

Tuesday’s U.N. address on a world stage could be a pivotal moment for the 78-year-old president, whose approval ratings domestically are tanking as well.
Bumbling Biden faces severe credibility test at United Nations

Reactions: Obsessed

0297b580fd26173cd3e7952efc4c3437ee2345745b45492243710e85fa8543a5_1.jpg

Reactions: NorthDallas40

VN Store

Back