Amateur Hour Continues

I knew I shouldn't have read the papers 15 years ago......

I'll take the loss on this one.

As I step of my high horse (nickel operated horsey), could you actually explain the legalese in layman's terms to me that allows them to refuse payment? I was under the in impression that bordered too close to cronyism and their were provisions in place.
It's a rare event on here when someone from either side admits they were wrong, kudos to you.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
I agree, this is stupid and should not be done. However, you can't pretend that a lot anti-American and anti-white rhetoric isn't being taught by our public educators. It should be taught as neutral, unbiased history.

I agree, this is stupid and should not be done. However, you can't pretend that a lot anti-American and anti-white rhetoric isn't being taught by our public educators. It should be taught as neutral, unbiased history.
Is there really such a thing? Maybe if you just say," so and so happened and when" but when you start with the "why", that's open to whomever's ox is being gored.

That would almost be impossible

While I agree with him I have to wonder why he did nothing to stop it before?

Of course you wonder why a congressman can't convince everybody else in the government to roll back federal involvement in education but you deflect when Amash points out how little Trump uses the power of veto

Of course you wonder why a congressman can't convince everybody else in the government to roll back federal involvement in education but you deflect when Amash points out how little Trump uses the power of veto

Oh, maybe he could have spoken out at least. If he did I'm surprised you didn't post it.

That would almost be impossible

You're probably correct. My favorite teacher I ever had (including college) taught contemporary issues in my high school. He eventually was pushed out after I graduated, due to angering a few idiot parents whose children signed on for a controversial class. Essentially we went over controversial topics in the news on a daily basis, then the class was split into two groups randomly assigned everyday, and we had a forum to discuss. The teacher assigned both groups to opposite sides of the topic. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the topic assigned, you had to argue a valid view point for your assigned side. He was an incredible debater, and he would flip positions daily. Some days you would think he is the staunchest Conservative in the world, the next he would be Bernie Sanders Jr. I never could figure out what his personal opinion was on anything. Added him on Facebook years later and found he is a die hard Democrat. Personally, I greatly respect he never attempted to sway his students in any way. If we had more people like him teaching, who encouraged analysis from all viewpoints, we could teach history from a neutral lens.

You're probably correct. My favorite teacher I ever had (including college) taught contemporary issues in my high school. He eventually was pushed out after I graduated, due to angering a few idiot parents whose children signed on for a controversial class. Essentially we went over controversial topics in the news on a daily basis, then the class was split into two groups randomly assigned everyday, and we had a forum to discuss. The teacher assigned both groups to opposite sides of the topic. Whether you agreed or disagreed with the topic assigned, you had to argue a valid view point for your assigned side. He was an incredible debater, and he would flip positions daily. Some days you would think he is the staunchest Conservative in the world, the next he would be Bernie Sanders Jr. I never could figure out what his personal opinion was on anything. Added him on Facebook years later and found he is a die hard Democrat. Personally, I greatly respect he never attempted to sway his students in any way. If we had more people like him teaching, who encouraged analysis from all viewpoints, we could teach history from a neutral lens.

Best history teacher I ever had always tied historical events to their effect on the world at that time.

VN Store

Back